Introducing... Ken Choy
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ken Choy firstname.lastname@example.org; 866-841-9139x4123; www.Mapid.us
TEN-MINUTE ASIAN PACIFIC ISLANDER PLAY CONTEST
Pacific Asian American Women Writers West (PAAWWW) and Mavericks of Asian Pacific Islander Descent (MAPID) and Ken Choy present the BREAKING THE BOW: The 1st Annual Independent Asian Pacific Islander Performing Artists and Writers Festival running October 22-25, 2009 at the Miles Memorial Playhouse at 1130 Lincoln Blvd; Santa Monica, CA 90403.
As part of the festival, the Ten-Minute Asian Pacific Islander Play Contest will be held with an eventual performance of the winning plays on opening night of the festival, October 22, 2009 at 8PM.
Interested playwrights should submit their stapled, ten minute plays along with $8 entrance fee by September 25, 2009. Any contact information should be included on a separate, unattached page. Any writer can submit their play to the contest which has a focus on promoting and discovering Asian Pacific Islander writers and on scripts that have prominent, non-stereotypical, and strong Asian Pacific Islander characters and themes. Scripts will be judged blind by three renowned, prominent writers and/or theater artists.
The winning plays will be read on stage by actors on opening night. Winning playwrights will also have their library of works along with short synopses of each prominently displayed during the festival. In keeping with the festival’s goals, the ten-minute play contest focuses on the promotion of undiscovered, unattached, and unknown talent however any and all US residents are eligible to enter. Cash prizes.
• Submission period: current to September 25
• Judging September 28-October 9
• Winner notification October 12
• Auditions for roles on October 15
• Reading of winners October 22, opening night of the festival
1. 3 copies of one stapled ten-minute play. (max of 15 properly stage-formatted pages; max 10 characters)
2. $8 entry fee (do not send cash; payable to Ken Choy)
3. Unattached contact page with email address to be used for notification of winner’s names and confirmation of receipt of entry.
Send to: Ken Choy; re: Play contest; 10985 Bluffside Dr #5306; Studio City, CA 91604
1. Send pdf of script or link to pdf on hosting web site (ie soon to be defunct geocities.com). Pages or materials with excessive pop-ups, ads, and worms, viruses, Trojans, and other invasive arsenals will be ignored. Send one pdf with contact info on a separate page followed by the script.
2. $11 (US dollar only) paypal (to cover printing and assembling costs) to email@example.com.
3. Receipt of script and payment will be confirmed to paying email address. Please use the same email address.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submitted materials will be recycled and will not be returned. Multiple entries will be accepted with each entry complying with the above guidelines along with a separate entry fee. If enclosed in the same envelope, please use a large binding clip to separate submitted packets.
For more information, please contact Ken Choy at email@example.com. Email preferred for contest questions.