shows authors talent auditions organizations venues resources




(back) 1886 Stafford Opera House

1886 Stafford Opera House

The 1886 Stafford Opera House is the property of Columbus Historical Preservation Trust, Inc. A non-profit organization incorporated in 1965. Any profit realized from theatre productions is used to maintain this historic building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Membership in Columbus Historical Preservation Trust is open to the public.

In addition to the theater productions, the site serves as a meeting facility and a museum. On record as the state’s largest flat floored opera house, the building features a copper, French-Mansard roof, curtains painted to resemble those which originally hung over the stage, and a room containing the vault original to the period 1886-1890 when the building housed a bank on the first floor.


BROWSE VENUES
SEARCH VENUES