Taking a Bow After Performing a Monologue
Remember, that the bow is still part of your performance. As long as you are on stage, stay professional! Here are some good tips about your bow:
1) Take a three second freeze after the end of your monologue
2) Do not expect much of a reaction from artistic staff. Part of their job is to not tip their hand one way or another as to how they feel about your performance until after they have conferred with each other.
3) Do not show any sign of dissatisfaction if you are not happy with your performance. Make no disappointed facial gestures or verbal apology.
4) Always assume your monologue has been a hit with your audience. Smile enthusiastically when you say ‘thank you’.
5) Exit the same way that you entered and walk slowly and proudly.