StageAgent.com Home |

Crazy for You

Discuss all your favorite musicals.

Crazy for You

Postby k_hellerich on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:44 pm

This coming Spring our high school will be doing "Crazy for You." I have been told that I would be perfect for the lead, Bobby Child. I would appreciate any and all assistance in acquiring this role. I have never seen the show and, therefore, am ignorant of the type of character that Bobby is. In order to present the best audition possible, I was wondering if any of you could answer some of my questions.

Are there any characters in any other musicals that are similar to Bobby? If so, who?

What would be a good audition piece for this role?

Any and all input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-- Kurt
Currently: Prepping for "Crazy for You" auditions.

Recently: "Brigadoon" as Charlie Dalrymple; "You Can't Take it With You" as Tony Kirby; "A Midsummer Night's Dream" as Puck
k_hellerich

Re: Crazy for You

Postby nellfinley on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Bobby Child is a role with a lot of physical comedy. Things like falling down stairs. He also tap dances(unless your school doesn't go with that). It's a great role and a really fun show with lots of tapping and laughs.
Just try out with an up tempo show tune. He sings songs like Nice Work If You Can Get It. Hope it works out for you
nellfinley

Postby Lime805 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:26 pm

My school recently put on Crazy for You this spring and a dear friend of mine was bobby child. Its a great role full of energy and endearment. You simply make the audience adore you and you haven;t a mean bone in your body including to your ever-so-insitent, would-bbe fiance. Like some one else recomended tap lesons would be a good idea. And for the audition I would think some thing quite peppy from another classic composer would be appropriate. Think Irving Berlin's "Cheek to Cheek" or "Lets have another cup o'coffee". Break a leg!
Lime805

Postby Taylove13 on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 pm

Bobby Child is a fantastic role. I think of him as a boyish character, he is a man with an innocent boyish quality that makes everyone love him. Bobby is also a dreamer, he tends to dream alot through out the show. Tapping is most definitly something to know for this part. But it is a great role.
Taylove13

Postby googleguy486 on Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:50 pm

check youtube, a lot of videos on the show, u just gotta separate the good from the bad. awesome show, my school did it last march
googleguy486

Return to Musicals