StageAgent.com Home |

Anything Goes

Discuss all your favorite musicals.

Anything Goes

Postby actressbabe0225 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering a few things about this show.

1) Can someone tell me what the best version of the soundtrack is? My theater group will be doing it next summer, and I would love to have the music.

2) Has anyone been in this lately? And is it difficult?

3) Does anyone know if a non-tap dancer has a chance at getting a decent role in the show?

Thanks for your help guys!
--Jess <3

Current Roles: Stage Manager (Bye Bye Birdie)
Recently Roles: Stepmother (Into the Woods), Bonnie Boylan (Annie), Mrs. Bedwin (Oliver)
actressbabe0225

Re: Anything Goes

Postby Dancergirl on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:43 am

Hey,
We are doing Anything Goes at our high school for our fall musical. The difficulty of the dancing depends on who your choreographer is. Some of the chorus numbers are a little difficult, but if you practice enough they will sound really good. The leads in the show don't have to tap dance, but sometimes the director might want them to. There is only one tap number so the dancing isn't that hard to pick up. My friend has never tap danced before and we are angels together which is a really big dancing part.

Have fun next summer. You should it is a really fun show.
Dancergirl

Postby broadwaybaby007 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:29 am

Hi!
We just did Anything Goes at our high school this summer. It's an absolutely fantastic show! Now, for the best version of the soundtrack, the one that I've heard most theatre groups use, and the one that I've enjoyed listening to the most, is the 1987 Patti LuPone version. However, our high school used the 1962 Eileen Rodgers version. It all depends on personal preference, I suppose. Now, as for tapdancing, I could not tap dance AT ALL and I played Reno Sweeney. The lead roles don't really need to tapdance, although comfort in movement is vital. However, If you end up getting Reno (great role. amazing role. extremely fun role.) you will have to lead the tap number during the finale of Act I. (Anything Goes) I hope you have a great time with this awesome musical, and break a leg!
broadwaybaby007

Postby actressbabe0225 on Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:27 pm

thanks guys! I would really like to get Reno, she's got such great songs. =D
--Jess <3

Current Roles: Stage Manager (Bye Bye Birdie)
Recently Roles: Stepmother (Into the Woods), Bonnie Boylan (Annie), Mrs. Bedwin (Oliver)
actressbabe0225

Postby geeger111 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm

okay so i am going to be in my schools spring musical.. our teacher keeps it a secret until the week before auditions but gives us clues about the show after she recieves the rights... the only clue i don't know if "anything goes" matches is .....there is an animal... is there an animal at any time in the show?
geeger111

Return to Musicals