StageAgent.com Home |

Most Fun?

Discuss your favorite plays.

Most Fun?

Postby elelovestheater19 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:42 pm

I'm hoping to be cast in the show "A Midsummer Night's Dream" this July and I was wondering if anyone with previous experience with this show might be able to guide me as to which character to try out for. Could anyone list some pros and cons of the main female characters? All help is greatly appreciated.
elelovestheater19

Re: Most Fun?

Postby peachbeach92 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Helena: she is Hermia's best friend who is in love with Demetrios
Hermia: best friends with Helena who is in love with Lysander
Titania: the fairy queen, she is very indapendant

Depending on what type of roles you usally play, or enjoy playing, such a character parts, classical leading laddies, or others, is one great way of helping you decide which part best suites you.

Hermia, I would say is the typical leading lady in love. She is kind hearted and not meant to be read into.

Helena, Is also a basic leading lady. She is in love with someone who does not love her back, which is hard for her so she has more dramatic monolouges. She often feels betrayed or tricked and she shoud be well read into.

Titinia, Although she is a fairy she is not always so cheery, she is a very strong induvidual. I class her more as a mild character part although she is also a lead. She is strong not only because she is a queen but she has a powerful personality.

Good Luck with your audition, and also yes these three parts are amazing but there are also alot of great supporting female roles in the show. Its an incredable show and I hope you enjoy it.
peachbeach92

Postby Annie on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:13 pm

If they are willing to cast Puck as a girl I'd look into that character as well. I know a few girls that have really enjoyed that role.

~Annie
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby ITSMeagan on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Puck is probably the most entertaining if it's done correctly. Helena and Hermia are great female roles. Titania, so bold. any of those are great, depending on what you like to do.
ITSMeagan

Return to Plays