StageAgent.com Home |

PLEASE I NEED TO CONTRASTING MONOLOGUES!

Discuss your favorite plays.

PLEASE I NEED TO CONTRASTING MONOLOGUES!

Postby hopefulactress on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm auditioning for Tennessee Governor's School the Arts in Theatre and I need two contrasting monologues. Both monologues together must last no more than three minutes, including any introductions and transitions. Selections should be from plays dating 1970 to present and must not be from film scripts, musicals, lyrics from songs, selections of poetry, novels, and other works. I'm 15 years old and a female. The age range of the character should be around my age. PLEASE HELP! I REALLY WANT AND NEED THIS! THANK YOU! FELL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS!
Hope
hopefulactress

Re: PLEASE I NEED TO CONTRASTING MONOLOGUES!

Postby sarahgordon123412586818731229282289 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Hey! One monologue you may want to consider is "The Coathanger Monologue" from "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown". It is Sally (the little sister) complaining about a C she got on a project. It is a comedic monologue and I think you can find it under monlogues on this website. Sally is a little girl but she is always played by adults (she was played originally on Broadway by Kristen Chenoweth who won a Tony for her performance) and you may be able to connect to it. It is a very funny piece so if you want comedy there you are! For a more dramatic monologue you should look at "Metamorphises" ( i can't spell that). There are some funny pieces and some heartbreaking ones. Take a look! Break a leg with your audition! :)
sarahgordon123412586818731229282289

Return to Plays