StageAgent.com Home |

The Trojans ate a lot of time up

Announcements from StageAgent.com

The Trojans ate a lot of time up

Postby kaisy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:43 am

BOSTON -- Jose Bautista looks comfortable in the No. Beats By Dre UK cheap . 2 slot in the Toronto Blue Jays batting order. Bautista hit two of Torontos five home runs, and the Blue Jays beat the Boston Red Sox 12-4 Sunday to take two of three in the weekend series. "You get three or four runs ahead," Bautista said, "thats when some guys come out and are able to take some big hacks and we get the types of results we got today." Bautista batted second for the second straight day after hitting in his usual No. 3 slot through his first 31 games. He went 2 for 3 with a walk Sunday and is 4 for 7 with two homers and a pair of walks batting second. Different spot. Same approach. "Pitchers know who I am, and I know who they are, and I know how theyre going to try to get me out," he said. "If they execute, they get me out, and if I execute, Im probably going to hit a ball hard somewhere." Bautista hit 54 homers in 2010 and 43 a year later, then dropped to 27 last season as a wrist injury caused him to miss 70 of the final 72 games. He entered Sundays game hitting just .236 with seven home runs. "Hell get on his rolls," Toronto manager John Gibbons said. "When its all said and done, hes going to have a great year for us. Maybe this is the start of something? Well find out." Emilio Bonifacio, Edwin Encarnacion and Brett Lawrie also homered for the Blue Jays, who have won just seven of their last 20 and are last in the AL East at 15-24. They finished a 4-3 trip. "Its a great way to bounce back because we were playing pretty bad," Bautista said. "Its good to just be playing good baseball. Were playing way better baseball than when we were struggling and thats a bright spot for sure." Chad Jenkins (1-0) got his second major league win and first since Oct. 2, allowing two runs and seven hits in five innings-plus. It was just the fourth big league start and 14th appearance for Jenkins, who missed most of spring training and the start of the season with shoulder inflammation. "To see the guys come out and put up that kind of run support, it really makes it easier on me, knowing Ive got a little bit of wiggle room to work with," Jenkins said. "Last night we got clutch hits, and then today they were just pounding balls left and right, and that was awesome to watch." Mike Napoli and Pedro Ciriaco homered for Boston, which has lost eight of 10 following a 20-8 start under new manager John Farrell. "I know its a cliche, but things are evening out," Farrell said. Ryan Dempster (2-4) gave up six runs and seven hits -- including three homers -- in five innings, his shortest start this season. The British Columbia native had been 6-0 against Toronto and Montreal in his big league career. Bostons Shane Victorino crashed into right-field wall in the fourth while catching Colby Rasmus drive and fell to the ground, writhing in pain. After being attended to by team personnel, Victorino remained in the game but left after the sixth inning and was taken to a hospital for further evaluation. "Oh man," said Toronto reliever Darren Oliver, who was in the bullpen at the time. "He hit that wall hard." Munenori Kawasaki hit a two-run single in the second, and Bautista sent Dempsters first pitch of the third into the seats above the Green Monster in left. "Im sure he didnt want to throw it in that spot," Bautista said of Dempsters fastball. "He was painting away on me all game long, and that ball crept up to where I like it more -- over the heart of the plate, middle in -- and I was able to connect." Bonifacio hit a two-run homer in the fourth for a 5-0 lead, his first home run since last July 23 for Miami. Napoli led off the fourth with his seventh homer, and Encarnacion homered in the fifth to make it 6-1. Lawrie homered off Andrew Miller leading off the sixth and Bautista hit a two-run drive off Clayton Mortensen later in the inning for a 10-1 lead, Bautistas ninth homer this year. He has 18 career multihomer games. "He left it up in the zone where offspeed pitches get punished," Bautista said, "and I was able to connect on that as well." Ciriaco opened the eighth with his first home run since Aug. 26. "I think weve got a number of guys dealing with frustration right now," Farrell said. "The key for us is maintaining our level of preparation and our work routine. Those are the two things that we can control. I know with the attitude of this group, were going to continue to work, but were getting tested right now. Theres no question about it." NOTES: Red Sox DH David Ortiz had a scheduled day off after playing in 19 games since returning from an injury April 20. He is in a 1-for-17 slump after hitting .414 with four homers and 17 RBIs through his first 15 games. ... Bautista has reached safely in 18 of his last 19 games. ... Farrell said RHP Andrew Bailey, on the DL with a right biceps strain, likely will throw off a mound Tuesday and the team then will decide whether he will require a rehab stint. ... Boston C David Ross was placed on the seven-day concussion DL. The team recalled C Ryan Lavarnway from Triple-A Pawtucket. ... Ciriaco entered as a defensive replacement in the seventh, making his first big league appearance at first base. monster beats cheap . Moments later, the East Carolina quarterback wished he could have that throw back. Louisiana-Lafayettes Jemarlous Moten undercut Soloman for an interception that preserved a slim fourth-quarter lead, and the Ragin Cajuns held on to repeat as winners of the New Orleans Bowl, 43-34 over the Pirates on Saturday. Dre Beats Headphones uk . The Tennessee Titans are winless no more after an unforgettable overtime victory over Detroit featuring an endless stream of big plays, some suspect officiating and a huge mistake by the Lions on the final play. http://www.cheapbeatsbydreukstore.co.uk/ . -- Mike Neal plans on proving his critics wrong this season. Dr Dre Studio uk . The surprising Os have already beaten some big odds, getting past the two-time defending AL champion Texas Rangers and their Japanese ace, Yu Darvish, in the win-or-go-home wild-card playoff. Beats By Dre Cheap . Kottaras hit a leadoff homer in the 10th inning and the As moved within four games of the division lead by beating the first-place Texas Rangers 3-2 Tuesday night. "To do that and help the team in that manner was huge for me," Kottaras said. EUGENE, Ore. -- Matt Barkley was confident that No. 18 USC was headed for an upset all along, even when fourth-ranked Oregon mounted a comeback. "We expected to shock everybody except ourselves," he said after throwing for 323 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-35 victory over the Ducks on Saturday night. The loss snapped a 21-game winning streak for Oregon (9-2, 7-1 Pac-12) at Autzen Stadium, which was the longest in the nation. It also stopped a 19-game winning streak in conference games. But even more significantly, the loss derailed Oregons hope for a second-straight berth in the BCS championship game. The Ducks were poised to move up in the BCS standings after No. 2 Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State 37-31 on Friday night. "I think this was a defining game for us," Barkley said. "We set ourselves apart on both sides of the ball." Trailing 24-7 in the third quarter, Oregon launched a comeback and narrowed the margin to just three points on LaMichael James one-yard touchdown run with 7:05 left in the fourth quarter. Barkley led his team to the Oregon 15, but Marc Tyler fumbled and the ball was recovered by the Ducks with 2:54 to go. Oregon marched down the field but Alejandro Maldondados 37-yard field goal attempt, which was brought five yards closer because of a USC penalty, went wide left. Afterward, Ducks fans stood stunned while the Trojans (9-2, 6-2) celebrated on the field. Once in the locker room, the team was so boisterous that they at times drowned out coach Lane Kiffin speaking to reporters in an adjoining room. The victory was huge for USC, which cannot play in the post-season because of NCAA sanctions. "We needed this," Barkley said. Robert Woods, who was held out of some practices this week with ankle and shoulder injuries, caught seven passes for 53 yards and two scores. Freshman Marqise Lee caught eight passes for 187 yards and a score. Darron Thomas threw for 265 yards and a score for Oregon, while Kenjon Barner ran for 123 yards and two touchdowns. The Ducks, ranked fifth in the nation with nearly 292 rushing yards per game, were held to 209 yards. "We lost a game," said James, who rushed for 78 yards and a touchdown. "Life goes on." Against the Trojans, Oregon was playing catch up from the start. The Trojans scored first on Barkleys 59-yard touchdown pass to Lee in the first quarter, then added Barkleys 12-yard scoring pass to Woods early in the second to go up 14-0. The Ducks didnt look like themselves until an efficient scoring drive midway through the second quarter. Thomas hit freshman Colt Lyerla with a 35-yard pass before hitting fellow frosh DeAnthony Thomas with a 29-yarder for the touchdown. The seven-play drive covered 88 yards in just 2:15. But USC answered with Barkleys four-yard touchdown paass to Woods. Beats by Dre headphones. The TD, Barkleys 73rd, moved him past Carson Palmer for second on Southern Californias career touchdown list. Matt Leinart had 99 for the Trojans. The Ducks had a chance to narrow it before the half, but DeAnthony Thomas was out of bounds when he pulled down a Darron Thomas pass to the end zone. On the next play, James fumbled and the ball was recovered by USC. James, who dislocated his elbow earlier in the season and missed two games, was hit in the arm on the play, and was holding the elbow as he was helped up by trainers. The Trojans opened the second half with Andre Heidaris 26-yard field goal to make it 24-7, but Oregon again showed a flash of its usual speedy offence with a quick drive capped by Barners 10-yard touchdown run. The Ducks, known for their second half adjustments, couldnt slow USCs momentum and the Trojans scored on the subsequent series with Marc Tylers three-yard run. Barkley added a five-yard scoring pass to Randall Telfer to make it 38-14. DeAnthony Thomas narrowed it again for the Ducks with a 96-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, and the Autzen Stadium crowd got back into the game with 3:28 left in the third quarter. Barner had an eight-yard touchdown run to close the Ducks to within 38-27 with 12:44 left in the game. The Trojans ate a lot of time up with their next series, but Barkley was intercepted by John Boyett, putting the Ducks in business on their own 40. Oregon scored on James one-yard run, and the two-point conversion pass was ruled good after review to make it 38-35. "I never felt comfortable," Kiffin said. "You cant get comfortable. Theyre just so explosive." It was USCs first victory in the state of Oregon since 2005. USC has one final game, next week against Los Angeles rival UCLA. The leagues southern representative in the inaugural Pac-12 championship is still up for grabs between Arizona State, Utah and UCLA. The Ducks still need only to win at home next week against Oregon State to clinch the Pac-12 North Division. After the game, coach Chip Kelly was asked if perhaps Oregons guard was down against the Trojans after a decisive victory over then-No. 3 Stanford last week. "I didnt feel like it was a hangover. The credit goes to that other team. Thats a good football team," said Kelly, who after the game went to the Trojans locker room to congratulate USC assistant Monte Kiffin, Lanes father. The loss was Chip Kellys first at Autzen as Oregons head coach. There were cheers before the game started when NBA stars LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony and several others showed up on the sidelines. James and Anthony even tossed around a football. The players have been working out at Nike headquarters in Beaverton, Ore., just outside of Portland. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements