StageAgent.com Home |

So everythings good

Announcements from StageAgent.com

So everythings good

Postby kaisy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:59 am

One former NHL executive is not happy with what he has been seeing from both sides in the current NHL labour stoppage. Beats By Dre Studio . Larry Quinn, who was a former president, managing partner, and minority owner of the Buffalo Sabres, spoke to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com. Quinn commented on the current dispute and looked back to the lockout that cancelled the 2004-05 season. "I really believe theres a deal to be made here," Quinn told ESPN.com. "And Im shocked that given the money involved ... I mean, the person that gets hurt the most in this is the player. Youve got a diminishing asset and, unlike the owners, everything they make is a profit and it cannot be replaced. Thats just the nature of the beast. The fact that their limited livelihood would be jeopardized once again, something is just wrong. It makes you wonder what interests are being represented and why." In particular, Quinn questions the direction that the players are being led in their negotiating strategy. "No matter what system there is and no matter how much fear is instilled in the players about what the future is going to be, the future is that theyre always going to make more money. Always; no matter what the system is," Quinn explained. "The proof is in the pudding from the last CBA that their salaries went up 30 percent, and that CBA was supposed to be the mother of all salary reductions. "Given the fact theyve got $3.3 billion in revenue, I believe instead of fighting each other all the time, if there was a clear collaborative effort between players and owners once and for all, that $3.3 billion could be $5 billion. The NHL needs a culture more like the NFL and less like MLB." Quinns disappointment in the process goes beyond the economic situation. "As far as I can tell there has been no energy devoted in these negotiations to figuring out how to improve the game," Quinn said. "To me, the quality of the game and how its played and how much entertainment it provides is the thing that makes everybody money. And its the only thing that makes everybody money. And the people that are given the responsibility for running this game -- both sides -- have not been able to spend enough time on it. To me, thats the greatest tragedy of the whole thing." With an 82-game season at risk and no current labour talks scheduled, the turmoil only seems to be getting worse. "You know who I feel the worst for? Its the players," Quinn said. "I just see them getting hurt once again for no reason." Monster Beats uk . Cribbs and fellow wide receivers Mohamed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin were not on the field Monday. Monster Beats . The match began amid tense midfield exchanges, with Valencia proving the more effective team with winger Sofiane Feghouli attempting crosses from the right for striker Jonas. http://www.beatsbydreukonlinestore.co.uk/ . If you missed the game, you can catch encore presentations on TSN at Noon et/9am pt and again at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. A final encore is available on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. Dr Dre Beats . That, unfortunately, wasnt enough to offset three home runs and four RBIs by Chris Davis, who led the Baltimore Orioles to a 6-4 victory Friday night. dr dre beats cheap . Striker Lucas Cavallini, a late call-up after Oliver Occean was red-carded in Fridays 3-0 win over Cuba in Toronto, made it after a hasty departure from Uruguay where he plays his club football. ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Stevie Johnson and the Buffalo Bills offence suddenly have one thing in common. Both are moving in reverse. The Bills leading receiver found himself backpedaling Monday, a day after openly questioning coach Chan Gaileys offensive play calling following a 20-13 loss at Indianapolis. Johnson said he misspoke when suggesting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick take over the play-calling duties from Gailey. What he meant to say is Fitzpatrick should have more opportunities to change plays at the line of scrimmage. "I didnt mean changing play-calling duties and all that," Johnson said. "I may have said it, but what I meant to say was audible and giving Fitz the audible a little more." Johnson said he should have chosen his words more carefully, and can appreciate why his comments could be perceived as challenging Gailey. He blamed himself, saying he spoke the heat of the moment following a loss that all but mathematically ended the Bills chances of making the playoffs. "Its all frustration," Johnson said. "I was just frustrated because I know what was at stake playing against Indianapolis, playing against an AFC opponent and feeling like we need to take their spot. And then they beat us." The Bills (4-7) have lost four of five and fallen to the fringes of the playoff race in preparing to host Jacksonville (2-9) on Sunday. Gailey played down the stir the comments created, saying he understands Johnsons intention. "I know where hes coming from. Stevie just wants to win," he said. "If you know a guy, you know where his heart is. Even though he might not have said it exactly right, you know where his heart is. And I know Stevie." Whatever Johnson meant to say, he did get at least one thing right. Somethings got to change to a Gailey-designed, Fitzpatrick-run offence thats been sputtering at best and has lacked finish for much of the past two months. Buffalo has topped 310 yards on offence and scored more than 19 points just twice in its past seven games. The offence has been particularly lethargic in the red zone over its past eight games. In their last 25 drives that entered an opponents 20, the Bills have scored nine touchdowns and settled for 12 field goals. Against Indianapolis, Buffalo was limited to scoring a touchdown and two field goals on three red-zone opportunities. beats by dre uk. The lack of production is what sparked Johnsons outburst following the game, when he said: "I think we need to let our quarterback call these plays. Hes out there on the field. He sees the adjustments that need to be done." Johnson then added: "I think that (Fitzpatrick) has the ability to control the offence 100 per cent. I think we should take advantage of that." This marked the second time in three weeks Johnsons been perceived to question Gaileys play-calling decisions. Following a 37-31 loss at New England on Nov. 11, Johnson second-guessed why rookie T.J. Graham -- and not a more established receiver -- was the intended targeted when Fitzpatrick threw an interception in the end zone in the final seconds. Johnson on Monday said he would never question Gailey because he owes his success to the coach. After riding the bench for much of his first two seasons in Buffalo, Johnson finally got his shot in 2010, Gaileys first season. Ever since, the former seventh-round draft pick blossomed into the teams No. 1 receiver, which led to him signing a five-year, $36.25 million contract in March. "Im not questioning my coach," Johnson said. "Ive got too much respect for him to go about it the way its perceived to be. So everythings good." Fitzpatrick was put into the position of having to defend both his coach and receiver. The quarterback said hes comfortable with the freedom Gailey provides him to call plays when opportunities present themselves. As for Johnson, Fitzpatrick accepted the receivers explanation. "I know, this morning, he was a little distraught because he felt like what he was saying got misconstrued as he was questioning Chan," Fitzpatrick said. "And thats not the point that he was trying to get across. But you can ask him. He loves Chan." NOTES: DE Chris Kelsays status is uncertain after the 10-year veteran aggravated a neck injury against Indianapolis. ... Gailey called it "touch and go" whether DE Mark Anderson (left knee) and cornerback Aaron Williams (right knee) will be ready this week. Anderson has missed six games and Williams three. ... Buffalo has converted six of 25 third-down chances in its past two games. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements