StageAgent.com Home |

while starting in place of Calderon

Announcements from StageAgent.com

while starting in place of Calderon

Postby kaisy on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:40 am

DETROIT -- The St. beats by dre headphones cheap . Louis Blues are getting back to their effective, grind-it-out ways of last season. Brian Elliott made 28 saves for his 19th career shutout and Chris Porter scored the games only goal in St. Louis 1-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday. "The way were back winning these close games, were back to playing the way we were last year," said Patrik Berglund, who had an assist on Porters goal. It was the Blues fourth straight win as they moved into a tie with Minnesota for sixth place in the Western Conference. "Weve just got to keep building on things," Elliott said. "We dont have much time left so we just want to keep building." Porter scored off a goalmouth scramble with 3:32 remaining in the second period with this second goal of the season. "It was just two guys, Bergy (Berglund) and I, going to the net," Porter said. "The rebound popped out and Im just trying to get it back into the crease and it went in." The goal came as a surprise to Berglund. "I thought I threw away something," he said. "And then I turned my back to everything and looked back and saw Ports putting it in." Elliott got his first shutout of the season for St. Louis. "Were going to need that (great goaltending)," Blues coach ken Hitchcock said. "I think every game the rest of the year is going to be like this. Jimmy Howard stopped 24 shots for Detroit, which dropped from seventh to eighth in the West. "It was really tight, felt a little bit like a playoff game almost, not a lot of room out there, didnt feel like there were a lot of chances either way," Red Wings defenceman Niklas Kronwall said. "I thought we had some good opportunities there in the third, but their goalie came up with some good saves." Elliott stopped Gustav Nyquists breakaway attempt by using a shoulder save with 8 minutes left in the second period. The Blues Alexander Steen hit the goal post behind Howard from the left circle 4:24 into the game. St. Louis outshot Detroit 11-7 in the first period. NOTES: The NHL held a news conference on the ice before the game to officially announce the Winter Classic outdoor game between the Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium will be held on Jan. 1 next season. The game was originally scheduled for this past New Years day, but was cancelled due to the lockout. It was also made official that -- as originally planned -- a second sheet of ice will also be constructed in downtown Detroit at Comerica Park, where two alumni games, American Hockey League, college, high school and youth games will be held in the two weeks leading up to the Winter Classic. ... It was the 1,000th game for referee Dan OHalloran, who lives in Brighton, Mich., which is about 60 miles west of Detroit. He was recognized before the game. dr dre beats black UK . And while the move wasnt an easy one to take, the veteran left-hander went out of his way to say that he doesnt harbour any bitterness toward the Brewers -- even though he got the bad news on his 36th birthday. cheap monster beats Uk . The four-time overall World Cup champion, who is awaiting approval by skiings governing body to start in the mens downhill in Lake Louise next month, said she would like to race on the Streif course after ending her career, the Austria Press Agency reported Friday. http://cambridgediversity.org/beats-by-dre-uk.html . Kerry Joseph passed for three touchdowns Saturday as the Eskimos kept a possible playoff path through the CFLs West Division open with a 37-20 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Monster Beats by Dre UK . I must admit that as a fan, I like it. cheap beats uk red . Toronto quarterback Ricky Ray admitted Tuesday many football players pre-game ritual includes making sure they look just right before stepping on to the field.(Sports Network) - The Chicago Bulls will take the NBAs best record north of the border tonight searching for a sixth straight road victory when they square off with the Toronto Raptors. Chicago is not only a gaudy 38-10 overall, it improved to 10-4 on the season without reigning MVP Derrick Rose by using a torturous defense to stymie Dwight Howard and the Magic during a 85-59 rout in Orlando on Monday. Little- used John Lucas scored 20 points to help lead the Bulls in that one. Chicago, playing without Rose for the fourth consecutive game due to a strained groin, got a big night from Carlos Boozer. He recorded a double- double with 24 points and 13 rebounds and Luol Deng added 14 points to help the Bulls secure their NBA-best 19th road win of the season. "It just shows how deep we are, how deep our bench is," Lucas said. The 59 points allowed by the Bulls marks a franchise record for fewest points allowed in a regular season game and Chicago improved to 20-0 when holding teams below 90 points. Rose has dealt with a number of nagging injuries this season and is likely to sit out another one tonight as the Bulls, who lead Miami by 2 1/2 games for the top spot in the Eastern Conference, try to get their superstar right for the looming postseason. "I havent been able to run," Rose told the Bulls website when talking about his latest injury. beats by dre studio UK. "The biggest thing is just staying strong mentally. Were playing good right now. Its definitely hurting me, but Im keeping a positive attitude." The Raptors, meanwhile, have lost two straight and three of four overall after getting routed in New York, 106-87, on Tuesday. DeMar DeRozan scored 17 points to lead Toronto and Jose Calderon chipped in 11 points and nine assists in his first came back after missing the previous five with a sprained right ankle as the Raptors finished a five-game road trip at 2-3. Calderons backup, Jerryd Bayless, went down with a left hip pointer in the second half, however. Bayless, who averaged 21.8 points while starting in place of Calderon, had seven points and four assists before exiting and his status for tonights game is unknown. "The Garden was a hot building tonight and they played it, so my hat goes off to them," said Raptors head coach Dwane Casey. "We had it in a manageable game until we just had a stretch where we had three straight turnovers and they cashed in on them." Chicago has won five of the past six games in this series, including a 77-64 win in the Windy City back on Jan. 14. These two teams will meet again on Saturday in Chi-town. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements