StageAgent.com Home |

Cuetos numbers would be even better

Announcements from StageAgent.com

Cuetos numbers would be even better

Postby kaisy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:14 am

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has suspended Texas basketball player Myck Kabongo of Toronto for 23 games for accepting impermissible benefits and providing false statements during an investigation into the infractions. Official Beats By Dre cheap . The Division I committee on student-athlete reinstatement announced the suspension Friday. Kabongo also must repay US$475 to a charity of his choice. The NCAA will count all 11 games that Kabongo has missed toward the suspension. Texas had self-imposed a 10-game penalty. The NCAA said Kabongo accepted airfare and personal training instruction and then provided false and misleading information about the infractions during two interviews with university officials. Yahoo Sports has reported that the NCAA was examining whether Rich Paul, the agent for LeBron James, was involved in a trip Kabongo took to Cleveland last spring that included at least one workout with professional trainer Jerry Powell. Texas officials were notified of the decision last week, the NCAA said. An appeal was heard Thursday, and the NCAA decided to overturn the original decision to suspend Kabongo for the entire season. "Our thoughts now are with Myck Kabongo and his family," Texas coach Rick Barnes said in a statement Friday night. "We feel for Myck. He made some mistakes early in this process, and he put himself in a tough position. That said, he was truthful and forthcoming when he talked with the NCAA. "We couldnt ask for a guy with better character in the way he has handled this situation. ... When I talked to him tonight after the decision had been made, Mycks thoughts were only about our team and our program. That is a tribute to Myck and his family, and it tells you everything you need to know about Myck." Kabongo started 34 games last season, averaging 9.6 points and 5.2 assists, and has been projected as a possible first-round NBA draft pick in 2013. Born in Congo and raised in Toronto, he spent his first three seasons of high school at St. Benedicts Prep School in Newark, N.J., and finished at Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev. "I appreciate Mycks attitude through all of this," Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said in a statement. "He has co-operated fully with the university and the NCAA and he has absolutely taken care of his business academically. Myck has grown through this experience and continues to be an important part of the team. I know he will continue to be that and were all looking forward to seeing him back on the court later this season." Beats By Dre UK cheap . Boston also promoted Triple-A prospect Will Middlebrooks to take Youkilis roster spot. Youkilis had been a late scratch the past three days, and manager Bobby Valentine said he has improved but wouldnt have been able to play for at least another four days. Dre Beats Headphones cheap . How else to explain Baltimore rookie Wei-Yin Chen outpitching playoff-tested Andy Pettitte to beat the New York Yankees in a game the Orioles couldnt afford to lose? With Chen leading the way, the Orioles squeezed out a 3-2 victory Monday night to even their AL division series at one game apiece. http://www.cheapbeatsbydreukstore.co.uk/ . The emails, handwritten notes and other documents, which have not been released publicly, indicate that Summit Structures LLC knew far more about the perilous condition of the facility than has been reported and raise fresh questions about similar steel and fabric structures erected by the now-defunct Allentown, Pa. Beats By Dre sale cheap . It will be the first main draw appearance at the tournament for the Vancouver player, who holds the No. 41 position in the world rankings. "Im so happy to have moved up into the main draw based on the merit of my own ranking," Marino said in a release. Dr Dre Studio cheap .cas NFL Editor Justin Boone breaks down some of the less obvious matchups you should capitalize on and those you should steer clear of for the weekend games. PITTSBURGH -- Cincinnati Reds manager Dusty Baker kept telling his team it would only take one hit to break out of a woeful slump. Turns out, it only took one Pittsburgh Pirates error. Two, actually. The Reds took advantage of a pair of miscues from Pittsburgh shortstop Chase dArnaud to beat the Pirates 3-1 on Wednesday and avoid a three-game sweep. Johnny Cueto (6-3) gave up one run over six innings to whittle his earned-run average to 1.98 as Cincinnati found a little punch following two nights of futility against the surprising NL Central-leading Pirates. Though Baker has stressed its not time to panic, Cueto knows the Reds are at a critical point in their season. The defending division champions havent won consecutive games in over a month and have dropped off the pace in the crowded Central race. "What I was thinking is, We need to win today, and I give a good game, a quality start," Cueto said. "I need to make good pitches, and the team will help me with runs and we can get a win." The Reds didnt exactly bust out against Pittsburgh starter Jeff Karstens (8-5), but they didnt let a little charity go to waste. An error by dArnaud on a routine play to start the game helped Cincinnati plate its first run since Sunday, and a bobble in the fifth extended the inning and allowed the Reds to put together the final margin. "They were two plays we need to put away," said Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle. "That basically was pretty much the difference." Chris Heisey and Jay Bruce had two hits apiece for the Reds, who beat Pittsburgh for just the second time in nine tries this year. DArnaud made a pair of huge plays in a 2-0 win Monday. His diving stop in the hole got Pittsburgh out of a bases-loaded situation in the first inning and his first-to-third sprint in the fourth opened the door for a pair of Pittsburgh runs. The 24-year-old, who was injured sliding into third Monday, sat out Tuesdays 1-0 victory as a precaution. He didnt exactly look comfortable upon his return. Heisey led off the game with a routine grounder that dArnaud threw into the stands. Heisey would later score on a sacrifice fly from Toroontos Joey Votto to end Cincinnatis longest scoreless streak in over a year. cheap beats by dre uk. "We were going to try to score a run any way we could early, especially knowing the fact that they dont give up a lot of runs -- especially here in their ballpark," Baker said. Miguel Cairos sacrifice fly in the second put Cincinnati up 2-0 and, after Andrew McCutchens double cut the lead to one, another dArnaud mistake gave the Reds some breathing room in the fifth. He had trouble coming up with a two-out grounder by Cueto, extending the inning. Heisey followed with a single and the pitcher came home on a single by Edgar Renteria. It was more than enough for Cueto, who has been the NLs best pitcher since making his season debut on May 8. Hes now made 11 straight quality starts, the longest streak by a Reds pitcher since Bronson Arroyo put together 13 in 2009. "This has been the best (stretch) I have had in my career," Cueto said. It certainly looked that way as Cueto used his deceptive delivery to strike out four and walk three while giving up just four hits. Cuetos numbers would be even better if not for three blown saves, but four Cincinnati relievers had little trouble shutting the Pirates down late, with Francisco Cordero working a perfect ninth inning to pick up his 19th save. "Our bullpen came in and did a great job," Baker said. "That was a good way to win a ballgame." And salvage a series. Cincinnati went down meekly in a pair of shutout losses on Monday and Tuesday, leaving 18 runners on base in the process. After letting countless opportunities slip away the previous two days, they werent complaining even if Votto wasnt exactly ready to say the Reds were back. "Anybody whos going to hang our success on a first-inning sacrifice fly I think is wound a little too tight," Votto said. "Well be fine, and were going to score runs." The Pirates, who woke up in first place for the second straight day, have ridden solid pitching and great defence to the top of the standings. They got plenty of both on Wednesday -- with McCutchen, Walker and third baseman Brandon Wood all ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements