StageAgent.com Home |

will become the fourth player ever to be granted

Announcements from StageAgent.com

will become the fourth player ever to be granted

Postby kaisy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:17 am

LAHTI, Finland -- Kikkan Randall of the United States clinched the cross-country World Cup sprint title on Saturday by beating Norwegian world champion Marit Bjoergen to the line in a close finish at the Lahti Ski Games. cheap beats uk red . Randall and Bjoergen were in a two-day duel on the final stretch of the 1.55-kilometre freestyle race, and the American managed to throw her ski forward to finish 0.07 seconds ahead of the Norwegian. "It was my 100th World Cup start, and I was hoping to make it special," said Randall, who also won the World Cup sprint title last season. "I could feel her (Bjoergen) coming a little bit, and had to make sure I was ready to lunge at the finish line. It was my first chance to race against her in a skate sprint all season, so Im glad it was fun and exciting." Perianne Jones of Almonte, Ont., was the top Canadian in 34th place. Randall, who won the team sprint at the world championships last month together with Jessica Diggins, now has an insurmountable 208-point lead over Polands Justyna Kowalczyk in the discipline standings with two races remaining. Swedens Emil Joensson clinched the mens sprint title by beating Ola Vigen Hattestad of Norway in Saturdays race. Joensson has 466 points in the sprint standings, with American Andrew Newell second on 236. "It was a good final after a pretty bad start," Joensson said. "I had to concentrate to avoid collisions, and I knew that Hattestad was the man to beat, and I had good skis too." Hattestad, a former sprint world champion, earned his first podium finish in more than a year after struggling all season following an illness. Len Valjas of Toronto was the top Canadian in eighth place. By Dre For Sale . -- Drew Brees took some time out of his Sunday to sign autographs on items ranging from a black jersey handed to him by a fan to a $100 million contract handed to him by the New Orleans Saints. Beats By Dre black Cheap . Despite finishing February with a record of 7-5 -- their first winning month since January of 2010 (10-5) -- the Raptors are glad to turn the page to March after losing the last two games of the month to sub .500 teams (Washington and Cleveland). http://cambridgediversity.org/beats-by-dre-uk.html . Speaking to the media at the Air Canada Centre on Saturday three days after being fired as senior vice-president and general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Burke gave a clear answer as to what went wrong under his direction. cheap uk beats black . With the score deadlocked at 3-3 late in the third period, Stastny scored the winner on a power play and then added an insurance goal to lead the Colorado Avalanche to a 6-3 win over the Calgary Flames on Thursday. By Dre Black UK . Thats the difference so far in the Eastern Conference quarterfinals series between the Celtics and the Hawks as the two teams prepare to meet in Game 4 at TD Garden.The Ontario Hockey League will have another exceptional player to add to its ranks next season. On Thursday, the Ontario Hockey Federation announced that 15-year-old Sean Day - a Canadian defenceman who plays for Detroits Compuware Minor Midgets - has been granted exceptional status by Hockey Canada. The decision makes him eligible for the 2013 Ontario Hockey League draft, scheduled for Apr. 6. "Sean Day should be very proud of himself in attaining exceptional player status," said OHF Executive Director Phillip McKee. "The evaluation process is very extensive and reviews all aspects of the players life. We all look forward to seeing Sean continue his development as a player and person in the OHL next season." In 25 games with the Compuware under-16s of Detroits High Performance Hockey League, Day has registered three goals and eight assists. By Dre UK. Day will become the fourth player ever to be granted exceptional status for the OHL Priority Selection and the third in the past three seasons. The two previous exceptional players were drafted first overall with Aaron Ekblad joining the Barrie Colts in 2011 and Connor McDavid joining the Erie Otters in 2012. Prior to those two, the only player granted exceptional status was John Tavares, who was selected first overall by the Oshawa Generals in 2005. The Ottawa 67s have the first pick in the 2013 after finishing last in the OHL with a 16-46 record. The 67s have not held the top pick in the Priority Selection since 1993 when they selected Alyn McCauley. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements