StageAgent.com Home |

Whenever the commissioner or any other

Announcements from StageAgent.com

Whenever the commissioner or any other

Postby kaisy on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:45 am

AUGUSTA, Ga. Beats By Dre Sale Cheap . -- Guan Tianlang is in good company this week at Augusta National. He played a practice round Monday with two-time Masters champion Ben Crenshaw, then headed out in the afternoon with Tiger Woods. He has a game lined up Tuesday with Tom Watson, an eight-time major champion. On Wednesday, he plans to play the Par 3 Tournament with Nick Faldo, winner of six majors. Cant he play with someone his own age? Not at this Masters. Guan is the 14-year-old from China, the youngest to ever play in the Masters and the youngest player at any major in 148 years. He qualified by winning the Asia Pacific Amateur Championship last fall in Thailand, and now he gets a crack at the best in the game, on one of the most famous golf courses in the world. Nerves? So far, only a big smile. "Im really excited in the morning when I come out on the course and theres many people here," Guan said Monday, conducting his news conference in English with a Chinese translator at his side in case he needed help. He rarely did. The kid has shown to be special in many ways. He went wire-to-wire in the Asia Pacific amateur, and he wasnt even rattled on the final hole at Amata Spring Country Club. With a belly putter he had been using for about six months, he calmly rapped in a 5-foot par putt for the one-shot win and a drive down Magnolia Lane -- in the passenger seat, of course. Age seems to have no limits these days in golf. Tiger Woods was 21 when he set 20 records to win the 1997 Masters. Sergio Garcia was 19 when he nearly beat Woods in the PGA Championship two years later. Morgan Pressel was 18 when she won a major championship on the LPGA Tour. Lydia Ko was 15 when she won the Womens Canadian Open last year on the LPGA Tour. Even so, this is the Masters. Guan is 14, the only player in the field who brought his eighth-grade homework with him to Augusta National. "I knew he was young," Steve Stricker said Monday. "I didnt know he was the same age as my daughter. Yeah, thats remarkable. And Ive been telling my daughter the same with this Lydia Ko, who has been playing on the LPGA Tour. I just cant imagine being that young and competing at this level at such an early age. It will be interesting. Ill be interested to see how he does and how he handles it and how he plays. Its remarkable that hes even playing." The only player younger than Guan in a major championship was Young Tom Morris, who was about a month younger in the 1865 British Open. He arrived a few weeks ago and cant get enough of Augusta. Guan figures he already has played six rounds, and he was with a member the day he shot 69. Whether that translates in the tournament is another story. Guan played in the Australian Open in December and opened with an 82 at The Lakes in Sydney. He bounced back with a 70 the next day, though the first-round score was enough to imagine what kind of number waits on the 7,445-yard course at Augusta National, where just getting to the slick, contoured putting surfaces is part of the challenge. "I would say Im not long enough, but I think Im still all right in this golf course," Guan said. "And I drive a little bit longer in Thailand than here, but I think Im still all right, not a really serious problem." At least hes finding the right kind of help. A friend at his home course in China knows Crenshaw and passed along the message that the kid wanted to play a practice round with him. Crenshaw gladly obliged, and was impressed with what he saw. Guan did not go wire-to-wire in Thailand on accident. Crenshaw studied his touch, balance and rhythm, and he tried to show him the nuances of the slopes on the greens. "It was fascinating to see," Crenshaw said. Guan planned to stay in the Crows Nest on Monday night, the tiny quarters set aside for the six amateurs in the field this week. He has been spending long days at Augusta in the week leading to the Masters, not leaving until twilight on Saturday. And he was back on the course Sunday, playing nine holes and heading to the practice round. He was startled by a familiar voice. "There he is!" Watson bellowed in his direction. After a hearty handshake, Watson said to him, "Working hard?" Guan nodded. "GOOD!" Watson replied, flashing his gap-tooth grin. The 30,000 fans on the course Monday didnt seem to bother Guan on the first official day of practice. Woods played 14 holes on Sunday with Stricker, and then returned Monday afternoon to play with Dustin Johnson, with Guan tagging along. "Its frightening to think that he was born after I won my first Masters," Woods said two weeks ago at Bay Hill. This is not the first time Woods has seen the Chinese teenager. He was at the HSBC Champions in Shanghai a few years ago, and during the pro-am Guan was in a group of juniors who played with Woods on the par-3 17th hole. Woods stood to the side amazed, not only at such a polished swing, but the composure playing before a thousand people. Guan has been looking up to Woods since he was 3 or 4 years old, and "its pretty exciting to watch him." "I played with him twice in the past couple years, and he gives me many advice and I will say every time I play with him, I feel a lot better and give myself some confidence and its very good," Guan said. Nicolas Colsaerts is making his Masters debut. The Belgian, however, has the experience of playing major championships and a Ryder Cup last year. Plus, hes 30. "I dont think I would have handled it," Colsaerts said. "You know, 14, were all busy already playing a lot of good golf, but to play Augusta at 14, I think everybody is almost in shock. I hope for him hes going to enjoy this week as much as I am. I almost feel like I should be considered the same way because this place needs to be treated more as a rookie thing. But, yeah, its quite an achievement to get to play Augusta and the Masters at 14 years old." There was one question in Chinese, and Guan slowly shook his head waiting for the reporter to finish. As the centre of attention this week, the reporter was curious if Guan would feel embarrassed if he plays poorly. For Guan, its more about the experience than the score. "As I say, Im not going to push myself too hard, and Im trying to just enjoy my game, play my best, and hopefully play some good score," he said. beats by dre headphones cheap . Even he hasnt seen anything like what the Braves did Friday night. Atlanta was down 9-0 after five innings with Washington Nationals star pitcher Stephen Strasburg on the mound. Beats By Dre black Cheap . -- Right-hander Jerome Williams and the Los Angeles Angels avoided salary arbitration by agreeing to a $2 million, one-year contract that more than doubles his pay. http://cambridgediversity.org/beats-by-dre-uk.html . - It took two overtime periods, but the Los Angeles Lakers eventually made sure the Memphis Grizzlies stayed behind them in the Western Conference standings. cheap beats by dre studio .S. -- Melvin Nyffeler stopped all 27 shots he faced for the shutout and six different players scored goals as Switzerland blanked Canada East 6-0 on Saturday in the bronze-medal game at the World Junior A Challenge. cheap uk beats black . Phoenix managed to win despite being outshot 36-21 in the game, the eighth time in this years playoffs that the Coyotes have been outshot by at least 15 shots in a game; they have a 4-4 record in those games. DALLAS -- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban doesnt expect to hear from the league over his suggestion the Los Angeles Lakers could reduce their salary cap tax by dumping Kobe Bryant through the amnesty clause. Cuban said before Dallas game against the Lakers on Sunday that he made it clear during a radio interview Friday he was speaking hypothetically, and he was just trying to use an example to explain new restrictions in the labour agreement. The Lakers called the remark inappropriate but didnt plan to pursue a complaint. "Amnesty THAT," Bryant tweeted after scoring 38 points in a 103-99 victory over the Mavericks. "Im sure if he wants to amnesty Dirk, thats something well be willing to entertain," Bryant told reporters. Cuban has cited the labour deal as a main reason for not bringing back key pieces of Dallas 2011 championship team, most notably New York Knicks centre Tyson Chandler. He said the labour contract is difficult to explain and "its not like were getting any help from the league." During a radio interview a day after the trading deadline last week, Cuban told a Dallas-area station that the Lakers and other teams over the salary cap were going to face some difficult roster decisions. The Mavericks, meanwhile, will be looking for help for Dirk Nowitzki and are a primed for a run at a free-agent class that is likely to include Lakers centre Dwight Howard. He had Dallas on a short list of destinations when his future in Orlando goot murky last year. Beats By Dre black-red Cheap. The amnesty clause allows teams to avoid a contract counting against the salary cap, although the player is still owed the money. "If you look at their payroll, even if Dwight comes back, youve got to ask the question: Should they amnesty Kobe?" Cuban said in the radio interview. "You just dont know, right? Its the same reason I wouldnt get rid of Dirk, Ill take a hit for a season rather than get rid of Dirk. "So Im just saying that hypothetically. When I say amnesty Kobe, I dont think theyd do it, but theyve got some choices to make. Now, theyre in a big market, but theyre still limited. The Knicks, the same thing. Boston, same thing." Cuban said Sunday he wasnt alone in citing specific players. "Whenever the commissioner or any other team talks about the CBA, they talk about Dallas and Tyson Chandler, or Dallas and Dirk and whats going to happen," Cuban said. "Youve got to use examples. I was clear in saying it was hypothetical and I expected him to be in LA, but he was a good example because they have the highest payroll in the league." The outspoken Dallas owner said he learned something new about the labour deal during trade discussions last week, and hes already studied it more than most. "Every time you go anywhere and you try to interface with fans and explain things, its not as easy task," Cuban said. "And its not like were getting any help from the league." ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements