StageAgent.com Home |

I came out here to apologize

Announcements from StageAgent.com

I came out here to apologize

Postby kaisy on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:03 am

ATLANTA -- Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said Friday that "barring any setbacks" Brandon Beachy will make his first start of the season during Tuesdays day-night doubleheader against the Mets. Ray Lewis Womens Jersey . Recovering from elbow ligament-replacement surgery in June last year, Beachy gave up three runs -- two earned -- on three hits and four walks in three innings Thursday for Triple-A Gwinnett at Rochester. He is 2-1 with a 3.27 ERA in five minor-league rehab starts. Beachy, who was with the Braves on Friday, is scheduled to throw on the side on Saturday. "If everything goes well we expect him to pitch one of the games on Tuesday," Gonzalez said. New Yorks probable starters are Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler, who will be making his major league debut. The Braves need an extra starting pitcher for the doubleheader but then must make a decision on how to make room for Beachy in the rotation. "Those things have a tendency to work out," Gonzalez said. The current rotation includes Tim Hudson, Mike Minor, Kris Medlen, Paul Maholm and Julio Teheran. The bullpen has lost left-handers Jonny Venters and Eric OFlaherty to season-ending elbow injuries. Beachy was perhaps Atlantas top starter when his 2012 season ended, leading the NL with a 2.00 ERA. He was 7-3 with a 3.68 ERA in 2011. Braves spokesman Brad Hainje said Beachy, who declined interview requests, was to be examined by a team doctor during the Braves-Giants game on Friday night. Haloti Ngata Signed Jersey . Thats because theyll be in Houston to face the Dynamo, who hold the fifth and final playoff spot in the MLS Eastern Conference. Houston, which has yet to lose in 15 home games at BBVA Compass Stadium, has 49 points for a nine-point lead over seventh-place Montreal. Ed Dickson Jersey . -- Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas says he has been fined by the NFL for his roughing the passer penalty against Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill last week. http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/ ... ce-32.html . Now Aramis Ramirez is hoping they have enough time to secure a spot in the playoffs. Lardarius Webb Womens Jersey .C. -- Brian Lashoff scored at 3:59 of overtime Saturday as the Grand Rapids Griffins defeated the Abbotsford Heat 2-1 in American Hockey League action. Haloti Ngata Jersey . Hickman was tied for the league lead in sacks with 13 last season, his third with the Tiger-Cats.MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Yovani Gallardo was arrested on a drunken-driving charge Tuesday after authorities say he was driving on a city highway with a blood-alcohol content nearly three times the legal limit. Deputies responded about 2 a.m. to a report of a possibly intoxicated driver, Milwaukee County sheriffs spokeswoman Fran McLaughlin said. She said a caller reported seeing a driver repeatedly swerving between lanes, and deputies spotted Gallardo driving alone at 40 mph in a 55-mph zone. "He was very co-operative," McLaughlin said. "He said he had a couple of beers." The arrest report says Gallardo had red glassy eyes, slurred speech and an odour of alcohol, and that he failed field-sobriety tests. Authorities say a breath test revealed a blood-alcohol level of 0.22, nearly three times the legal limit of 0.08, and the reading was matched by a second breath test following his arrest. The Brewers issued a statement saying they were aware of Gallardos situation. "We have expressed our disappointment to him and know he understands that behaviour of this nature is of great concern to everyone in the organization," the statement said. "Yovani has acknowledged the seriousness of this incident and is taking full accountability for his actions." Gallardo spoke to reporters at Miller Park on Tuesday before the Brewers prepared to open a three-game series with the San Francisco Giants. "You obviously know why Im here," Gallardo said. "What happened last night, I made a bad decision. I made a mistake and Im sure I lost a lot of respect from the fans and I just want to apologize to the fans, my teammates, my family. "Like I said, its just a bad call. Something I shouldnt have ddone. Michael Huff Jersey. I regret it. At this point, obviously, theres nothing I can do about it now. It happened. I just want to apologize to the whole organization and the people of Milwaukee for my actions. Its just ... its not very easy. Its one of those things... I truly am sorry. "Im going to make sure something like this never happens again. Whatever circumstances, consequences ... whatever I have to do so this wont happen again, Im going to do it." Gallardo did not take questions from reporters. "I dont know how long its going to take to get this cleared up; the whole situation that happened," Gallardo said. "The main thing, like I said, I came out here to apologize. Especially to the people that look up to me. Obviously, its something that I regret. Im going to make sure it never happens again." Brewers manager Ron Roenicke spoke to Gallardo, who is still expected to make his next scheduled start on Thursday. "Ive talked to him and (general manager) Doug (Melvin) has talked to him," Roenicke said. "You guys have talked to him. He feels bad about what happened and knows he shouldnt have been in a position to have anything like that come up." "As of right now, hes starting Thursday, yes." Roenicke said. In Wisconsin, first-offence drunken driving is a citation, not a misdemeanour or felony charge. McLaughlin said Gallardo faces nearly $800 in fines for drunken driving and for unsafe driving. Gallardo was a 16-game winner last season, his fourth consecutive season with at least 200 strikeouts. He gave up six runs in a loss Saturday to St. Louis and is 0-1 in three starts this season with a 6.61 ERA. The Brewers entered Tuesdays game at 3-8, worst in the NL Central Division. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements