StageAgent.com Home |

took over from the fired Bob Geren in June 2011

Announcements from StageAgent.com

took over from the fired Bob Geren in June 2011

Postby kaisy on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:12 am

DALLAS -- Jason Terry was more than willing to take the big shots, with Dirk Nowitzki just getting back into the Dallas Mavericks lineup. By Dre black-red cheap UK . Terry made them when they mattered, too. Terry scored the last four points in overtime, after hitting a tying 15-footer with a half-second remaining in regulation, and the Mavericks came back after blowing a big lead against San Antonios reserves to beat the Spurs 101-100 Sunday night. "He put us on his shoulders there," said Nowitzki, who played for the first time after a four-game hiatus to strengthen his sore right knee and do some conditioning work. "He made some great pull-ups. He got to his sweet spot to send it to OT." Terry put Dallas ahead to stay when he took a pass from Nowitzki and made a 12-foot baseline jumper with 42 seconds left to make it 99-98. After Shawn Marion stole the ball from Gary Neal, Terry got fouled and made both free throws with 17 seconds left. "Its just the will to win when the game is on the line," Terry said. "I like to take the shot when the game is on the line. ... When my team needs me the most, Im going to come through regardless of whats going on the entire night. Fourth quarter is winning time." Terry scored 26 of his season-high 34 points after halftime, though the Spurs still had a chance after his last two free throws. Neal, who finished with 19 points, drove for a layup and was fouled by Marion with 12 seconds left. But Neal missed a potential tying free throw that was rebounded by Ian Mahinmi, who was fouled and missed two free throw attempts. After Neal got that rebound and the Spurs called timeout, Vince Carter knocked the ball loose. Danny Green grabbed it and threw up a 3-pointer that ricocheted off the front of the rim as the game ended. Green and the Spurs thought he had a game-winner at the end of regulation, but his 14-footer was disallowed when replay clearly showed that shot didnt get out of his hands before the buzzer sounded. "I thought it was good, but I guess it was too good to be true," Green said. Dallas led by as many as 18 points in the third quarter before San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich decided to go with his reserves. The Spurs last 51 points after that came from bench players, and they went ahead by as many as nine in the fourth quarter with the help of a flurry of three-pointers. "We were just on fire shooting threes and it got us back in the game. Its as simple as that. I thought the energy defensively was great; we double-teamed everywhere," Popovich said. "They were playing great. Theres no sense in taking them off the court." The last Spurs starter to score was Richard Jefferson on a three-pointer with 4:28 left in the third quarter. When Jefferson came out less than two minutes later, the only starter to re-enter the game was Kawhi Leonard for 1.1 seconds in overtime. Terrys tying shot at the end of regulation was set up after Rodrigue Beaubois, starting for injured Jason Kidd, drove for a layup with 30 seconds left and then blocked a shot on a drive by Neal. Nowitzki grabbed the rebound and got the ball to Terry. San Antonio still had a chance to win the game. Green swished his jumper off the inbound pass, but officials looked at the replay before ruling it didnt count and sending the game to overtime. "We got a little lucky there," Nowitzki said. "I thought it was over." Carter had 21 points, his most with the Mavericks, while Beaubois had 14. Nowitzki had 10 points on 5-of-14 shooting with 13 rebounds. "Im moving better," Nowitzki said. "Definitely that was an improvement from before. Im going to keep working and get back to normal soon." Richard Jefferson, Tim Duncan and Green each had 12 points for the Spurs. Dallas (13-8) took over the Southwest Division lead, ahead of Houston (12-8) and the Spurs (12-9). The Mavericks had a 67-49 lead after Terrys basket with 3:48 left in the third quarter. Thats when San Antonios reserves took over. There were seven consecutive points to cut the gap, that capped by Matt Bonners three-pointer that helped ignite a frenzy of three-pointers. San Antonio opened the fourth quarter with a 17-2 surge that included five three-pointers. Bonners trey from the right wing with 8:24 left in regulation put the Spurs up 75-71. That was from about the same spot that Green had hit before a missed shot by Nowitzki. San Antonio, which made seven threes in the fourth quarter, led 84-75 with 5 1/2 minutes left when Neal stole the ball from Terry and had a fast-break jumper. It was still 89-81 only two minutes later when Neal made a 3-pointer. "We were unable to capitalize on it," Neal said. "They were able to make shots and forced it into overtime." Notes: Kidd has a right calf strain, and is expected to miss at least five games. ... San Antonio finished with 12 threes, which was four less than they made when the teams first played 3 1/2 weeks ago when the Spurs won 93-72 at home. ... Manu Ginobili (broken left hand) missed his 16th consecutive game for the Spurs, while T.J. Ford (torn left hamstring) has missed 11 in a row. ... When former Mavericks owner Don Carter and his wife were showing on the video board during a timeout in the first quarter, both flashed their 2011 NBA championship rings. ... Brendan Haywood had a season-high five blocked shots for Dallas. beats by dr dre cheap .ca! Hi Kerry, Great columns...love them! Very informative and I like the way you dont sit on the fence on most topics! I am wondering what if anything you would have called on Cory Sarich in Saturdays Calgary/Edmonton game? The first hit on Hall (in my opinion) was not so much a dirty hit, as a charge. cheap beats by dre studio . Goran Dragic had 13 points and six assists for the Suns, who won two of their last three. Jordan Hamilton scored 15 points and Kenneth Faried added 12 for the Nuggets, who were without starters Danilo Gallinari and Andre Iguodala. http://cambridgediversity.org/beats-by-dre-uk.html . Elsewhere, Josh Currie scored his second career hat trick, and added an assist to complete a four-point effort, as the P.E.I. Rocket defeated the visiting Moncton Wildcats 6-2. Alex Micallef had a goal and two assists for the Rocket (1-0-0) while Victor Provencher and Ben Duffy added a goal apiece. beats by dre headphones UK . Now hes joining forces with the defending AL champion Detroit Tigers -- a team thats come close to winning baseballs ultimate prize each of the last two years. cheap uk beats black . Justin Verlander shut down the White Sox after the third inning, and Detroit beat Chicago 4-2 on Friday night in the opener of a big three-game series.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Bob Melvin has repeatedly described the comfort of managing right at home in the Bay Area -- and Billy Beane has described the comfort in having a winning, "modern-day" manager leading the Oakland Athletics. Melvin is staying put in the very place he wants to be well into the future. The As manager received a two-year contract extension Monday that takes him through the 2016 season. Later Monday, Oakland announced it had reached agreement on a $1 million, one-year contract with catcher George Kottaras, a raise of $275,000. Beane is thrilled to have a manager in place to guide the small-budget As for years to come. "To get an extension like this from people you respect and admire and supported you, it really makes you feel good and makes you feel better about doing your job," said Melvin, voted AL Manager of the Year after leading Oakland to a surprising West division title. "My expectations are the same as last year. Were going to compete hard and expect to win. Based on having the results we had last year, well have that much more confidence coming into spring training." Oakland became the first team in major league history to win a division or pennant after trailing by five games with less than 10 to play, sweeping three games against Texas to win the division over the Rangers. "Its really a reflection of our commitment to Bob and Bobs commitment to us. If you know you have the right guy, theres no sense in waiting until hes got one year left," general manager Billy Beane said. "This was probably the simplest negotiation Ive ever had in my career here. Thats a reflection of the relationship that Bob has with the organization. Were happy to give him this well-deserved extension. It didnt take very long. The actual writing it up took longer than the actual negotiations." Oakland lost to Detroit 3-2 in a best-of-five AL division series. The As ended a five-year stretch without a winning record or playoff berth, finishing 94-68. The As did it with a payyroll of $59. By Dre Black UK. 5 million -- lowest in the majors -- and 12 rookies. They did it with significant injuries to their starting pitchers and lost their third baseman, Scott Sizemore, to a season-ending knee injury on the first full-squad workout of spring training. And they did it after losing right-hander Bartolo Colon to a 50-game suspension in August for a positive testosterone test, then re-signed him this winter. The 51-year-old Melvin, a former big league catcher who grew up in Menlo Park and played at Cal, took over from the fired Bob Geren in June 2011. Melvin led the Diamondbacks to the NL West title in 2007 and also won 93 games in his rookie season with Seattle in 2003. "We knew we had the right guy right from the get go. Continuity is important," Beane said. "Its really important. Once again last year was certainly enjoyable. Its easy to look at a year like last year and everybody has fun when youre winning. This relationship with Bob and myself and the front office and the players started when he took over." Melvin received a three-year contract from Oakland late in the 2011 season. The As went 47-52 after he took over that year. His local ties are only a bonus. Melvin played three seasons with the San Francisco Giants. "I was excited and impressed when Billy told me that Bob was available and accepting the manager role with us," owner Lew Wolff said. "As I observed Bobs leadership and very special drive, I was even more impressed with Billys choice. I am so very pleased that we will have Bob with us for the foreseeable future. Bobs use of our talent was and is brilliant in my opinion." Kottaras, acquired from Milwaukee before last years trade deadline, batted .212 with six home runs and 19 RBIs in 27 games for Oakland after hitting .209 with three home runs and 12 RBIs in 58 games with the Brewers. Three As remain eligible to file for arbitration Tuesday: left-hander Jerry Blevins and outfielders Brandon Moss and Seth Smith. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements