StageAgent.com Home |

Theyll play Uxue Bilbao on Oct. 6

Announcements from StageAgent.com

Theyll play Uxue Bilbao on Oct. 6

Postby kaisy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:45 am

KOSICE, Slovakia -- The ingredients all seem to be in place to make Canada a top contender at the IIHF World Hockey Championship. Beats By Dre Studio . Unlike other countries with golden aspirations, the Canadians have had no trouble with weaker opposition early in the event. The victim Sunday was an overmatched France team that couldnt handle a balanced offensive attack in losing 9-1. The goals came from all four lines and three different defencemen. "Pretty much everybody on every line can score," said Canadian captain Rick Nash. Its shown in convincing victories over Belarus and France that came by a combined count of 13-2. Those have been the most dominant performances by any team at a tournament that has already seen Sweden lose to Norway and Russia fall to Germany. Arguably the most important element of Canadas solid start cant be measured by statistics. "This is a group of guys that I think will have a lot of success based on our camaraderie," said goalie James Reimer, who made 22 saves against France. "I think within one or two days -- it didnt take very long -- everyone was buds and hanging out and enjoying the time over here together. I think thats one of our strong points. "Were a good team right now and its kind of showing on the ice." Even the newcomers have fit in quickly. Defenceman Marc-Andre Gragnani opened scoring on a power play in his first ever shift at the tournament while James Neal chipped in with an assist after enduring an arduous journey to Slovakia that came on the heels of a tough Game 7 loss by his Pittsburgh Penguins earlier in the week. He had to pause for a moment before recouting his trip. "I went through Pittsburgh to Minnesota, Minnesota to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Prague, Prague to here," said Neal. "Some solid layovers. Tough road to get here." There is an unmistakable confidence among the Canadians. Jeff Skinner -- the youngest player in the entire tournament -- scored two more goals Sunday to grab the early scoring lead with five points. The other scorers were Nash, Gragnani, Jason Spezza, Chris Stewart, Alex Pietrangelo, Brent Burns and Travis Zajac. "This is a group that really enjoys each others company," said Canadian coach Ken Hitchcock. "Theres a great almost instant chemistry. I dont know if thats because of the age with everybody or whatever but its a very, very cohesive team off the ice right now. I think its helping us on the ice." Pierre-Edouard Bellemare replied with Frances first goal of the tournament. Canada scored early and often to chase Cristobal Huet from the net after just one period. Gragnani buried a wrist shot on his first shift of the tournament at 1:02 on a power play before Spezza and Skinner both struck to make it 3-0 after 20 minutes. "When goal-scorers are scoring, its a good sign," said Gragnani. "Regardless who the opposition team is, a goal is still a goal and it gives us a lot of confidence going forward through the tournament." Reimer had to be fairly sharp in the early going as France had a couple dangerous chances, including a breakaway by captain Laurent Meunier. His shutout bid was ended on a nice shot by Bellemare at 9:14 of the second period on a power play -- one of four in row France received during the middle frame. Veteran French goaltender Fabrice LHenry had some initial success after entering the game, but couldnt keep Canada off the scoreboard for long. Stewart made it 4-1 off a goal-mouth scramble at 16:06 and Pietrangelo extended the lead just 43 seconds later. "Were a team right now that has a lot of fun pressing the attack, were having a lot of fun pushing the pace," said Hitchcock. "We feel like weve got depth, we feel like we can wear teams out if we keep playing this way. So far weve been able to do that." In the third period, Nash set up Burns and scored with a nice individual effort to give him another piece of history at this event. He now has 41 career world championship points, moving past Steve Yzerman into second place behind Dany Heatleys 62 points. "Any time you even get a chance to play with Team Canada its special," said Nash. "To have a little bit of success and get a lot of points, its fun. But the gold medal and two silver medals mean a lot more than the points." Skinners second goal of the game came on a penalty shot before Zajac got the grind line on the scoresheet with a little over two minutes to play. Once the game was out of reach in the third period, Hitchcock sent backup goalie Devan Dubnyk in for his first work of the tournament. He stopped eight shots in almost 14 minutes of action. The coach plans to go back to Reimer when Canada gets its toughest test yet against Switzerland on Tuesday. "I like his game -- hes really competitive," Hitchcock said of Reimer. "He seeks out every puck, he looks around people, he looks through people, he fights for vision every time. "He reminds me of that old group of goalies, you know, the (Ed) Belfour and (Andy) Moog kind of guys. They fight like crazy." Notes: Pietrangelo received the most ice time for Canada with 20:39 ... Meunier had the most shots in the game with five ... Canadian defenceman Carlo Colaiacovo and goalie Jonathan Bernier watched from the stands after arriving from North America ... France coach Dave Henderson gave his son Brian 8:47 of ice time ... Announced attendance at Steel Arena was 4,457. Cheap authentic Beats UK . Already without centre Ryan Kesler - who is still recovering from off-season shoulder and wrist surgeries - the Canucks were dealt another blow this week when it was announced that forward David Booth would miss four-to-six weeks with a groin injury. uk beats by dre 2013 . Two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum? Hes staying in the bullpen. San Francisco flew in from the West Coast on Monday trailing 2-0 in the best-of-five series. http://www.officialbeatsbydreuk.co.uk/ . He was right. Correia pitched seven innings of two-hit ball and Starling Marte hit a two-run triple to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates past the Chicago Cubs 3-0 Monday night in a game that was delayed more than 3 1/2 hours by rain. uk beats by dre cheap . They double-teamed Andrew Bynum, harassed Pau Gasol and scored relentlessly in the paint. Nope, still not enough to beat Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers. beats by dre headphones uk . Lacko, playing on the main tour since 2007, will face third-seeded Mikhail Youzhny, who is seeking his eighth title in his 18th career final. Youzhny advanced with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Michael Berrer of Germany.PHILADELPHIA -- So much for Bostons grim outlook once Rajon Rondo was lost for the season. Avery Bradley has followed the trusted blueprint of dogged defence and impact scoring to help push the Celtics up the standings. Bradley scored a season-high 22 points, and Paul Pierce had 18 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Boston Celtics to a 109-101 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night. Kevin Garnett scored 18 points to help the Celtics improve to 12-4 since Rondo was lost with a torn knee ligament. The Celtics entered in seventh place, but were no more than two games behind the next three teams ahead in the standings. Bradley was 10 of 15 and chipped in seven rebounds and five assists, the kind of numbers needed for the Celtics to slip into a coveted top-four spot for the playoffs. "My teammates have confidence in me and I have confidence in myself," Bradley said. "When I have an open shot, I have to take it. Thats how we play on this team. It helps us when I do that." Led by Pierce, the Celtics controlled the game and used a 9-0 run midway through the fourth quarter to seal the win. Last May, these two teams went to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. On Wednesday, the Sixers lost for the ninth time in 10 games and are well out of the playoff race. Jrue Holiday had 18 points and 10 assists for the Sixers, and Thaddeus Young had 19 points and 10 rebounds. Evan Turner scored 18 points. "We kept competing, trying to bring effort," Turner said. "But its rough. They hit 3s and made some tough shots." The Sixers beat the Celtics twice this season after stretching the Celtics to seven games in last years playoff series. But the Sixers are a team in free-fall because of injuries and a roster ill-equipped to handle the losses of post-season standouts Andre Iguodala and Lou Williams. There was some mild concern late in the fourth period when Holiday, their All-Star point guard, was hurt. Holiday grabbed his right ankle and hobbled back on defence after an awkward drive. He hopped on one foot after a steal attempt went nowhere, but did stay in the game. Nothing much went right for the Sixers. "We just missed too many easy shots," said Royal p;Ivey, who scored 10 points. official beats by dre cheap. Like so many teams over the last 15 years, the Sixers had no real answer for Pierce. He hit his first four 3-point attempts, each one more crushing than the last. When the Sixers went on a mini-run to close within eight, Pierce and Jason Terry connected on consecutive 3s to build a comfortable lead. Pierce had averaged 21.8 points over 54 career games against the 76ers. At one point in the first half, both teams were 15 of 32 from the field. The Celtics found other ways to separate themselves from the Sixers: Boston went to the free-throw line and made 3s. The Sixers missed 9 of 11 3-point attempts in the first half and were 0 for 3 from the free-throw line. The Sixers finished 5 of 21 on 3s and 14 of 18 on foul shots They did score 64 points in the paint. But they only made 41 of a whopping 100 shots from the floor. The Celtics shot a solid 5 per cent in the third (11 of 20) and 53 per cent (10 of 19) in the fourth to methodically build to a 15-point lead. "It was who could score the most. Thats not the way we want to play the game," Garnett said. Boston got sloppy at the end of the third quarter and had three turnovers in the final 90 seconds. That helped the Sixers score six straight points and slice the lead to five. Jordan Crawford opened the fourth period with a pair of 3-pointers that made it 91-76 and the Celtics never let up from there. Crawfords points and production off the bench were needed for a veteran team with another game Wednesday night at Indiana. He scored 12 points and fellow reserve Jeff Green added 16. Pierces perfection helped the Celtics go 11 of 19 from 3-point range. "Thats the new us in a lot of ways, the ball finds the open guy," coach Doc Rivers said. "Its simple, but its hard to do unless you buy in. Everyone has bought in." NOTES: Injured 76ers C Andrew Bynum (knees) was re-examined in New York on Tuesday by Dr. David Altchek. GM Tony DiLeo said surgery remained an option. ... Sixers G Nick Young (sprained left ankle) did not play. ... The 76ers will play two preseason games in Europe. Theyll play Uxue Bilbao on Oct. 6 in Bilbao, Spain, and the Oklahoma City Thunder on Oct. 8 in Manchester, England. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements