StageAgent.com Home |

and flagrants called in the four games since. Tension also

Announcements from StageAgent.com

and flagrants called in the four games since. Tension also

Postby kaisy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:24 am

TIGNES, France -- Canadas Kaya Turski won her fourth straight European X Games title Thursday, taking the gold medal in womens slopestyle. The Montreal native had a winning run of 93.33 points. Norwegian Tiril Sjastad Christiansen, who beat Turski for gold at the Aspen X Games earlier this year, took the silver medal at 90.66. Dara Howell of Huntsville, Ont., was third with 88.33. Turski stood out from the field with clean runs that showed controlled finesse on the rails and on the jumps. "I felt really good coming into this week, especially after winning World Championships (earlier in the month) and solidifying my spot on the Canadian Team going to the Olympics," Turski said. "After Aspen getting the silver I really wanted to come back and prove myself and get into that top spot at X Games. "I feel like I came here wanting to prove that I still have my spot in the sport, especially among all these new young girls with so much talent." Howell, whos signature is an off-axis 720 jump, said it was actually her rail game that made the difference on the three-rail, three-jump course. "Ive never had that much fun on rails, but I was training them here the last couple of days and it seemed to go pretty well so I decided to try a couple of new tricks in my competition run because I figured I had nothing to lose," she said. "My coaches Toben (Sutherland) and JF (Cusson) are always pushing me to get better at my rails and so today I actually did two rail tricks Ive never done in competition." The results here secured Howells nomination to join Canadas 26-athlete contingent to the Sochi Winter Olympic Games next February. "Holy, its kind of surreal and I have no words. But I called my mom and she started to cry," she said. Turski leads the 2013 slopestyle rankings with 4603.35 total points, ahead of Howell with 4364.70 and Christiansen with 4230.78. Yuki Tsubota of Pemberton, B.C. finished fifth at her European X Games debut with a score of 78.66 on her first run. In the mens event, Alex Beaulieu-Marchand of Quebec City was fifth and Noah Morrison from Vernon, B.C. was eighth. Troy Polamalu Jersey shopping . 1 in this weeks national rankings, becoming the third team to claim the pole position in the first five coaches polls of the campaign. Pittsburgh Steelers view all . Eintracht forward Karim Matmour was sent off in the 34th minute after a second yellow card, given for a professional foul. His teams downfall began four minutes later when Reisinger struck after a solo run through Frankfurts makeshift, injury-hit defence. http://www.shopsteelersgear.us/ . Now the World Series shifts to Rangers Ballpark this evening for Game 3 against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Rangers rallied for two runs in the ninth inning on Thursday and evened this best-of-seven set at a game apiece, as Michael Youngs sacrifice fly propelled Texas to a 2-1 win. Hines Ward Womens Jersey you see . LeBron James scored 32 points and finished one assist shy of a triple-double, Dwyane Wade scored 27 and the Heat pulled off both early and late before beating the Dallas Mavericks 119-109 in overtime Wednesday night. Authentic Steelers you know . "I think the game ball goes to Grant Hill," Paul said. Hill led the defensive effort that limited Carmelo Anthony to one basket in the fourth quarter, and Los Angeles pulled away for a 102-88 victory over the New York Knicks on Sunday. MIAMI -- Udonis Haslem insists he meant no harm. The NBA deemed otherwise, and the Miami Heat will be without one of their co-captains when they try to close out the Indiana Pacers on Thursday night. Haslem was suspended for Game 6 of the Miami-Indiana Eastern Conference semifinal series, a matchup where emotions boiled over in a runaway Heat victory on Tuesday night. The NBA also said Miami reserve centre Dexter Pittman will miss three games in response to his flagrant foul against Indiana backup guard Lance Stephenson in the final seconds of Game 5. Indianas Tyler Hansbrough was not suspended, although the league upgraded his foul against Miamis Dwyane Wade to a flagrant-2 on Wednesday -- which, if called that way during Game 5, would have brought an automatic ejection. Hansbrough struck Wade in the head, opening a cut over his right eye. Moments later, Haslem committed a flagrant foul against Hansbrough, clearly in response to the play against Wade. So while Haslem sits Thursday, Hansbrough may play. "Its very disappointing, obviously," Miami forward Shane Battier said Wednesday night. "But were a resilient group. ... The verdict process is a mystery to players, and so we dont get caught up in it. We cant control it. We know the NBAs going to do what they feel they need to do and we need to live with the consequences. So its really out of our hands, not worth getting riled up. Were going to put together an effort that will make Udonis and Dexter proud." The Heat lead the series 3-2, after a 115-83 win Tuesday night in a game that had the three flagrant fouls on the court, accusations of dirty play afterward and finally with Pacers team president Larry Bird telling The Indianapolis Star that his team was "soft" in Game 5. "I agree with his assessment. We did play soft," Indianas Danny Granger said Wednesday. "We got smacked around. We got beat up, we got bullied, and we really didnt respond well." Countered Miamis LeBron James, the NBAs reigning MVP: "Hes just trying to amp them up. Thats all. Thats all it is. He knows his team isnt soft. But with them, with their backs against the wall at this point, he knows what hes doing. Hes not the executive of the year for no reason." Pittman logged only six minutes in the playoffs anyway, his presence in the post-season barely noticed until he laid out Stephenson -- who made at least one choke sign toward James earlier in the series -- with a forearm to the chin and shoulder areas. "Hard fouls are part of the playoffs," Indiana coach Frank Vogel said Wednesday. "Fouls to the head have no place in this game, not by us, not by Miami, not by any other team in any other series. With all the concussion research thats been going on over the last few years its a very serious matter and it just doesnt have any place in the game." Wade sounded somewhat amused that Granger -- whos been whistled for three technicals in the series -- was one of the Pacers suggesting Haslem and Pittman should be suspended.dddddddddddd Wade and Granger have had words during the series. "Were not in here crying about the fouls," Wade said. "They fouled us. ... Were moving on to Game 6. Were not going to worry about what happened in Game 5. For us, its about moving forward." The Pacers may move forward without Granger, who sprained his left ankle in Game 5. Granger was in flip-flops when Wednesdays practice ended, saying he was on painkillers and anti-inflammatory medication. Stephenson, who had X-rays taken to rule out any fractures to his collarbone or shoulder areas, did not practice. "In my mind, Im going to play," Granger said. "Elimination game, I have to play." Vogel sounded concerned, but optimistic. "Very much hoping hell be available tomorrow," Vogel said. "Hes a gamer. Im thinking hell play. But his ankles pretty bad, so well see." Vogel called Miami floppers before the series started, and its been gritty throughout. The teams combined to shoot 66 free throws in Game 1, and there have been a combined nine technicals and flagrants called in the four games since. Tension also increased after cameras caught Stephenson making a choke sign during Indianas Game 3 victory, and Juwan Howard confronting him about his antics before Game 4. "Its been a physical series, started by them," Wade said. And James said he doesnt expect things to cool down when the Pacers try to save their season in Game 6. "I always feel like in a playoff series or certain regular-season games that a team may be trying to go for me," James said. "Its happened. Im not saying guys are playing dirty, but certain guys say, You know, if you hard-foul LeBron, get him off the ball, hell stop being aggressive and things like that. I know when its happening and I see when its about to happen. Im always in protect mode. Ive been hard-fouled a lot." James said one of those situations happened in Game 5. Indiana forward David West -- who left Tuesdays game with what the team called a sprained knee, though he insisted Wednesday he was not hurt -- took exception to a play where he was knocked backward, saying a Heat player fell into his knee. On that play, replays showed West was boxed out by Battier, but it appeared no one hit West in the knee area. Not long afterward, West fouled James, who said he saw it coming. "He was the one on the floor and I was the one still standing," James said. "So I started laughing at that. But he tried to get me." West said on Wednesday that if Indiana wants to force a Game 7 in Miami, it simply needs to play better on both ends than it did on Tuesday night. "Youve just got to stand your ground. I think thats the biggest thing," West said. "It was unfortunate, the play at the end of the game on Lance. But weve just got to deal with it, man up, handle it -- like I said, the best way you can, within the rules." ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements