StageAgent.com Home |

stin Bolli, Cliff Kresge, Michael Putnam, Canadas Brad Frit

Announcements from StageAgent.com

stin Bolli, Cliff Kresge, Michael Putnam, Canadas Brad Frit

Postby kaisy on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:27 am

GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers picked Alabama running back Eddie Lacy on Friday in the second round of the NFL draft with the 61st overall selection, landing a player widely pegged as a prime prospect for their first-round slot. The Packers swapped second-round spots with San Francisco, moving down six places in exchange for an early sixth-round pick from the 49ers, the 173rd overall selection. The 5-foot-11, 230-pound Lacy finished with a career average of 6.77 yards per rush, the most among active players last year in major college football, but he fell all the way down the board to the second-to-last spot in the second round. There were concerns about his health, a hamstring problem that prevented him from participating in the NFL pre-draft combine in February and working out for scouts until a couple of weeks ago on the Alabama campus. His performance was considered a disappointment. But Lacy, on a conference call with Wisconsin reporters, said he couldnt worry about why he fell so far. "At the end of the day it is what it is," said Lacy, a native of Louisiana who rushed for 1,322 yards and 17 touchdowns last season. "You cant do anything about it, and Im just looking forward to being part of a new team and contributing as much as I can." Lacy said hes never had hamstring trouble before this. "It took a while to heal, longer than we expected. But as of right now, Im 100 per cent," Lacy said. The Packers could use a powerful workhorse-style runner like Lacy, who helped lead the Crimson Tide to the national championship in January. The only other tailbacks on the roster are DuJuan Harris, James Starks and Alex Green. Combined, those three have six seasons on the roster and 1,608 career yards rushing. "Im a bigger guy, a tough runner, a physical runner. Thats just natural. But Im also shifty and I can make defenders miss and also break long runs. I just feel like I can do anything," said Lacy, who was in New York for the first night of the draft. He said he turned on his phone as soon as he landed in Alabama on Friday, and the Packers were calling. Director of college scouting Brian Gutekunst said the Packers also like Wisconsin running back Montee Ball "a lot" as well, but they took advantage of the opportunity to add an extra pick with confidence theyd still be able to get a player they wanted. Gutekunst said the Packers werent concerned about Lacys durability. "Hes played through whatever hes had, so I dont think its going to be a concern," Gutekunst said, adding: "He has kind of an uncanny knack to get out of trouble for a guy his size. Hes a little bit different than weve had maybe in the past. Hes a really good player. Hes been a good player there the whole time even though hes been behind some very good backs. I think he gives us a little bit of size we havent had for a while. You watch the film, he rarely goes down with one guy trying to tackle him." Lacy played behind Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram, both first-round draft picks, before getting his time to shine last season. Ball went to Denver at No. 58. Giovani Bernard of North Carolina and LeVeon Bell of Michigan State went earlier in the second round. This was the first time since 1963 that a running back wasnt selected in the first round of the draft. But Lacy now has his opportunity to prove all those teams that passed on him wrong, much like quarterback Aaron Rodgers after he tumbled down the board to the Packers in 2005. "It was a very long wait. It was very nerve-wracking for me," Lacy said on a conference call with reporters. He added: "Thats going to be a big motivation." ___ Follow Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP ___ Online: http://www.pro32.ap.org Doug Martin Womens Jersey .C. -- Dylan Miller of Oxbow, Sask. Ronde Barber Jersey . After failing to overcome fourth-tier Bradford in the League Cup semifinals on Tuesday, Paul Lamberts struggling Premier League side had another disappointing night despite going ahead 1-0 through Darren Bent in the 22nd minute. Danny Shittu equalized just five minutes later and Marquis then netted the winner in the 89th for the League Championship club. http://www.2013tampabaybuccaneers.com/n ... son-jersey . Toronto led wire-to-wire en route to their 30th victory of the season, 101-98 over the Chicago Bulls (42-35) at the United Center Tuesday, but nearly coughed up a 16-point fourth quarter advantage to the short-handed home team. Mike Alstott Jersey . Guyatt, a regular on the Japan Challenge Tour but not well-known in his home country, was at 10-under 134 on the Kingston Heath sand-belt course in south Melbourne. Michael Hendry of New Zealand also shot a 69 and was in second place. Ted Larsen Jersey . The 20-year-old from Toronto, who won Skate Canada last month, toppled and fell backward onto the ice after completing a quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop combination skating to "Take Five," but was faultless for the remainder of his program.MCKINNEY, Texas -- Tag Ridings, Justin Bolli, Cliff Kresge, Michael Putnam, Canadas Brad Fritsch and Justin Hicks shared the first-round lead in the Web.com Tour Championship, shooting 6-under 65 in windy conditions Thursday. The top 60 on the money list qualified for the season-ending event at TPC Craig Ranch, and the final top 25 will earn 2013 PGA Tour cards. At 11th on the money list, Hicks is the only one of the six leaders to have wrapped up a tour card. Fritsch, from Manotick, Ont, is 21st, Putnam 30th, Kresge 38th, Bolli 44th and Ridings 51st. Ridings needs to win or finish alone in second to earn a PGA Tour card. "Theres a lot of opportunity for me to make some more time with my family," Ridings said. "If I play well I dont have to go to work this fall and thats what I want. I want to be able to hang out with my new baby and my other two kids who need to see what daddy looks like. The last stretch of six or seven weeks was tough." Ridings withdrew after 54 holes two weeks ago in the Miccosukee Championship when his wife went into laboour with their third child.dddddddddddd "She was five weeks early. Shes not supposed to be here yet," said Ridings about daughter Charli Elizabeth. "I guess she wanted to see the finish." Luke Guthrie and Philip Pettitt Jr. were a stroke back. Guthrie, the former Illinois player who has two victories since turning pro after the NCAA tournament, is second on the money list, and Pettitt is 36th. The winner will receive $180,000 from the $1 million purse. "You try to focus on the golf tournament, recognizing that this is a tournament and youre trying to win the money list or finishing 21st like I am now," Fristch said. "If you freak out every time the guy in front of you makes a birdie, thats too much to think about and Im way too tired to be thinking about that. "Play good and the rest takes care of itself. If I was in a different spot and knew I had to finish first, second or third to be in the top 25, you might play a little different and you might think a little different. I know if I play solid, it will take care of itself." ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements