StageAgent.com Home |

he Dolphins secondary. He made a career-

Announcements from StageAgent.com

he Dolphins secondary. He made a career-

Postby kaisy on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:27 am

WASHINGTON - Red, white and blue. Horizontal stripes. Elvin Hayes in the house. No sign anywhere of the misshaped magician with the bizarre beard. The Washington Wizards are again the Washington Bullets -- in everything but name. The NBA team unveiled its new red, white and blue colour scheme and uniforms Tuesday, a blast from the past that was overwhelmingly welcomed as long overdue. The modern colours worn since the team changed its name in 1997 always seemed a bit out of place in the nations capital. "When I looked at the Wizards when they played in the teal, I did not really recognize them as part of the Bullet organization," said Hayes, the Hall of Fame forward whose No. 11 is retired in the rafters. "It was like another team had began to represent them because they changed their name and they changed their colours and I think it was so drastic. As a player who played here, when I watched it on television, I think you had a disconnect. I think that all of a sudden, its a great reconnect." The makeover was spurred by Ted Leonsis, who took over the franchise after the death of longtime owner Abe Pollin in November 2009. Fans and former players bent Leonsis ear and inundated his inbox, telling him they preferred the old look of the team. Plus, he had already gone through this routine once, having changed his NHLs Capitals back to red, white and blue a few years ago, also to positive reviews. "Its just part of a set of overall things that were trying to accomplish," Leonsis said. "Im not naive enough to think that changing the colours (by itself) will improve anything, but I saw the power of the change and newness with the Capitals." Leonsis said it was intentional that the new designs and logos make no reference to theme of Wizards other than the actual name written across the home jersey. The next step, it would seem, would be to go ahead and change the nickname back to Bullets. Leonsis has looked into a name change and didnt rule it out, but he described it as a laborious process that can take up to three years because of intricate intellectual property issues. "This is what weve done. It took a year to do," Leonsis said. "We cant change the name -- changing the name changes the IP. Thats a really, really big process. I think this was a very dramatic pivot for the franchise." Of course, new uniforms are also a way to make quick money. The master of ceremonies at the televised news conference wasted no time telling fans how they can purchase the new digs. The team even said encouraged fans to turn in their old uniforms to be donated to charity, while receiving a discount on the new stuff. One person who had no problem turning in his old outfit was point guard John Wall, who modelled the new version on the stage. "Its better than the other one," Wall said. "Im a bright-colour person. Itll give the fans something to be more excited about." jamaalcharlesjerseys . -- Reggie Bush sent out a tweet saying he had good news, and privately told teammates he expects to be fine. Jamaal Charles Elite Jersey . -- Kaitlyn Lawes was given a tremendous opportunity in 2010 when she joined an experienced and successful Winnipeg rink skipped by Jennifer Jones. http://www.jamaalcharlesjerseys.us/ . The Wildcats beat one of the newcomers in their conference. Only a few minutes after No. 1 Alabama lost, Klein threw a 62-yard pass to set up the first of his two touchdown runs and the Wildcats went on to a 23-10 victory Saturday night at TCU. Jamaal Charles Jersey . Ultimately, most of the responsibility for the U.S. performance will fall on their top six forwards and their failure to generate offence. Jamaal Charles Youth Jersey . Drew broke his right ankle in Wednesday nights game against Milwaukee on a fourth-inning slide to home plate. Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said after the game that Drew is out for the season and probably needs surgery.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs already have made plenty of bold moves this off-season. They made another one on Thursday. The Chiefs agreed to terms with cornerback Sean Smith on a three-year deal, helping to shore up their secondary opposite cornerback Brandon Flowers. The move also gave the Chiefs the type of lockdown defender they needed to deal with a bevy of talented wide receivers in the AFC West. Smith was widely considered among the best cornerbacks available in free agency. Hes spent his entire career with the Miami Dolphins, starting every game each of the past two years, and has 177 tackles and five interceptions in his four-year career. The move was made possible in part because the Chiefs cleared salary cap space Thursday by releasing Matt Cassel. The quarterback had two years left on his six-year, $63 million contract. "There are still a few holes left. Theres no doubt about it," new Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said Wednesday, when asked to assess his roster. "Its how you go and attack that. But at the end of the day, players we acquire will be able to fill all the holes we need." The Chiefs had two of the best cornerbacks in the AFC two years ago in Flowers and Brandon Carr, but they allowed Carr to slip away in free agency prior to last season. They signed Stanford Routt as his replacement, but he never quite fit in and was released midway through the year. Kansas City played the rest of the way with Javier Arenas, an undersized defensive back better suited to the nickel, and second-year pro Jalil Brown as the starters. Kansas City added depth earlier in the week by signing a three-year deaal with cornerback Dunta Robinson, who has spent the past nine seasons with Houston and Atlanta, but evidently was still in the market for a cornerback who is just coming into his prime.dddddddddddd. The Chiefs found it in Smith, a former second-round draft pick out of Utah. He started every game as a rookie, but ran into trouble in 2010 -- he was benched at one point for violating team rules, and lost his starting job to Jason Allen. Smith admitted that he wasnt taking his job seriously, rededicated himself and became a standout in the Dolphins secondary. He made a career-high 59 tackles and two picks last season. The move for Smith came one day after the AFC West-rival Denver Broncos agreed to terms with wide receiver Wes Walker on a two-year deal to provide Peyton Manning with another pass-catching option alongside Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker. The Chiefs and Broncos have been two of the biggest movers in free agency, with the Chiefs trying to rebuild under Dorsey and new coach Andy Reid after finishing 2-14 last season. Already, theyve revamped their offence by trading for quarterback Alex Smith and signing wide receiver Donnie Avery, tight end Anthony Fasano and backup quarterback Alex Smith. Theyve also added former Vikings safety Husain Abdullah and former Jets defensive tackle Mike DeVito to a defence that landed four players in the Pro Bowl last season. "If you take one common denominator with the free agents brought in so far, theres a certain grit and toughness about them," Reid said this week. "I welcome that to our football team. I think our locker room will welcome that." ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements