StageAgent.com Home |

plish that. Like Paul, Desmond gi

Announcements from StageAgent.com

plish that. Like Paul, Desmond gi

Postby kaisy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:36 am

It is one thing to think about it, it is another thing to talk about it, but when you do it, you have crossed a line that is clearly marked. I am talking about Khalif Mitchell of the B.C. Lions and his intent to injure action against Simeon Rottier of the Edmonton Eskimos. Just about everyone who follows CFL football has seen the video, and nobody seems to be coming to the defence of Mitchell. Why? Well, it was pretty indefensible. If this was a murder case the only recourse would be to plead insanity and hope for the best. It is kind of tragic in an odd way. I mean, here is Mitchell, all 65", 320lbs of personality and power. A guy who actually turned down major NFL money to stay in Vancouver with the Lions. And by doing so, the fans really embraced him as something different and special. Mitchell was on his way to becoming a true "popular athlete" and a known public figure. And Mitchell had embraced Vancover as his own. In one year Mitchell had set a stage not only for his career but post-career, too. He had sort of found a new home that could help him develope a good life, and not just a football job. That has sort of been tainted now. I understand the rage he felt at that moment in time. I will never know if Rottier said or did something to set Mitchell off, but even if he did, trying to break another mans arm cannot be rationalized away. Anger, rage, temper or any desire that is out of control is dangerous, and to act on or out with those extreme emotions never ends well. You really do have to be a little mentally unfit to take a mans arm and make an effort to break it. This will be a difficult week for Mitchell and the Lions as a high percentage of talk will be about "The Play" and not the opponent, Calgary. How do you handle something like this? There is only one answer, crush it and take a stand of "never again". I dont think I have ever met a football player who was not 100 per cent sure of the price you will pay for playing football. And when injured, there is an acceptance that it was going to happen at sometime so when it does you know how to act. But trying to break anothers arm is evil and for many, I say the majority will see it as such. In the end the biggest damage Khalif Mitchell did is to himself. I mean, Simeon Rottier will recover and is well on his way to an excellent carrer. Mitchell, he will be considered vicious and out of control for years to come. I have often said that I do not mind football violence, its part of the game and forgive me - a big part of why I respect football so much. What happened last Friday night was not football violence, more a reality of street violence. I can understand the state of anger or rage Mitchell has on the field. I have thought those thoughts of wanting to hurt someone too. I can understand the threatening verbal remarks and language that is a part of football, it is a part of the intimidation test that every young player goes through. I have threatened and been threatened many times over 12 years on the field. But, the third phase, I never acted on my thoughts and words the way Mitchell did. A few months from now this will be in the past and for the most part forgotten as a priority. But a sense of damage has been done. Football is a great sport that tests your courage and resolve. What Khalif Mitchell did was not football. Calvin Johnson Authentic Jersey . The games are all digitally re-mastered with each game featuring a marquee panel of Team Canada coach Mike Keenan, Team Canada defenceman and Hockey Hall of Fame member Larry Murphy and Team Soviet Union centre and Hockey Hall of Fame member Igor Larionov. Calvin Johnson youth Jersey . -- Drew Brees took some time out of his Sunday to sign autographs on items ranging from a black jersey handed to him by a fan to a $100 million contract handed to him by the New Orleans Saints. http://www.womenscalvinjohnsonjersey.us/ . After pitching the first shutout of his career two starts ago, Cecil followed that up with another terrific effort on Friday against Texas, as he allowed a run and seven hits over seven innings to improve to 4-4, while lowering his ERA to 4. Calvin Johnson Womens Jersey . Nearly two months of verbal barbs, jabs and accusations were reduced to a few words at the final news conference Wednesday before their rematch in the ring. Calvin Johnson pink Jersey .cas NFL Editor Justin Boone breaks down some of the less obvious matchups you should capitalize on and those you should steer clear of for the weekend games.CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns continued a spending spree to upgrade their defence in free agency, signing former Arizona linebacker Quentin Groves to a two-year, $2.8 million contract on Wednesday. Groves is the third defensive player signed already by the Browns, who agreed to terms with linebacker Paul Kruger and lineman Desmond Bryant on Tuesday. The Browns entered free agency $47.4 million under the salary cap and have so far been among the NFLs most aggressive teams. The team guaranteed $21 million to Kruger, Baltimores sacks leader last season, and dished out another $15 million in guaranteed money to Bryant, who had a career-high 48 tackles and four sacks for the Raiders in 2012. The Browns made enhancing their pass rush a priority. They are switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 multi-front defensive scheme this season under new co-ordinator Ray Horton. "With the additions of Paul and Desmond, we believe that we have significantly improved our defence overall, particularly our front seven," Browns CEO Joe Banner said. "This was one of our goals entering free agency, and we are thrilled that we were able to accomplish that. Like Paul, Desmond gives us someone with great size and athleticism for his position, and an ability to rush the passer." Bryant also recorded 12 quarterback hits last seasoon.dddddddddddd The 27-year-old Bryant, who played at Harvard, went onto the market with some concerns about his character after he was arrested last month on a misdemeanour charge of criminal mischief. The Browns, though, are convinced it was an isolated incident. "Desmond is a player who possesses very good size and athleticism, attributes which make him very difficult to block," coach Rob Chudzinski said. "When you watch him play, he is always around the quarterback, and will provide a boost to our pass rush. He is a solid run defender and can play multiple positions along the line, which will allow him to be a part of both our base and sub-packages." The 30-year-old Groves will be reunited in Cleveland with Horton, who came over from the Cardinals. Groves played with Jacksonville and Oakland before signing with Arizona last season. He had a career-high four sacks and made seven starts. "Quentin is a solid player who will be another good addition to our front seven," Chudzinski said. "He showed pass rush ability last season, working in a 3-4 defence for the first time. Having played for Ray last year, he is familiar with our scheme, and that will allow him to make a smooth transition. He also has been a productive special teams player and can help us in that area as well." ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements