StageAgent.com Home |

COPPER -- Canadian freestyle skier Mike Riddle dominated the

Announcements from StageAgent.com

COPPER -- Canadian freestyle skier Mike Riddle dominated the

Postby kaisy on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:02 am

COPPER -- Canadian freestyle skier Mike Riddle dominated the mens halfpipe in soft and snowy conditions to win World Cup gold on Friday while teammate Rosalind Groenewoud took silver in the womens event. Riddle barely made it out of the qualification round but the Spruce Grove, Alta., native was strong in the final, taking gold with a score of 91.2. Aaron Blunck won silver and fellow American David Wise took the bronze. Riddle, who has reached the podium in three straight events, said he just wanted to put down a strong, clean run. "I couldnt be any happier with how its gone," Riddle said of his season. "Im just focused on my skiing day by day and not getting ahead of myself. Ive been skiing the best that I ever have so I cant complain at all." Soft snow in the bottom of the halfpipe meant athletes had a difficult time maintaining enough speed to get the sufficient amplitude to properly execute tricks. Matt Margetts of Penticton, B.C., as 10th. In the womens event, American Maddie Bowman won gold with a score of 84.6, finishing ahead of Calgarys Groenewoud in 79.2. Brita Sigourney of the U.S. was third with 79.0. "Roz was definitely affected by the slow speed of the pipe," said coach Trennon Paynter. "She did a good job but just didnt have as much speed into her last two tricks to get enough height." Calgarys Megan Gunning was fifth and Cassie Sharpe from Comox, B.C., was 12th. LaRon Landry Jersey . Zlatan Ibrahimovic put Milan ahead four minutes in at the San Siro with a perfectly executed volley inside the box following a long cross from Massimo Oddo. Palermos Argentine standout Javier Pastore equalized in the 14th, sprinting past Milans defence before beating Milan goalkeeper Marco Amelia with a powerful low shot. Pat Angerer Womens Jersey . According to the Kontinental Hockey Leagues website, OReilly - who was unsigned until Thursday night - played for Metallurg Magnitogorsk on Jan. 21 and Jan. 23 (written in the game sheets as Rayan O Rayli). http://www.andrewluckelitejersey.com/CO ... ERSEY.html . Jhonny Peraltas two-run homer in the second inning ended Lirianos bid for back-to-back no-hitters, and the left-handers outing was over after three innings due to an illness. Brennan Boesch drove in two runs for the Tigers, who have won four straight and seven of eight overall. Dominique Jones Jersey . The unit is likely to be handed a lead this evening with Aaron Harang set to make the start. Harang tries to extend his season-opening four-game win streak this evening as San Diego hosts Atlanta at Petco Park. Robert Mathis Jersey . -- Landon Donovan scored his first two goals of the season and added an assist to help the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Portland Timbers 3-0 on Saturday night in Major League Soccer. NEW YORK -- Guillermo Rigondeaux retained his WBA super bantamweight championship and added the WBO super bantamweight belt, unanimously outpointing Nonito Donaire on Saturday night at Radio City Music Hall. Rigondeaux improved to 12-0, receiving winning scores of 114-113, 115-112 and 116-111 in the unification bout. He failed to knock out an opponent for only the fourth time since turning pro, but overcame being knocked down twice in the opening minute of the 10th round in a performance that had some booing the lack of action. "As I told you before, I would do my job and I did," Rigondeaux said through an interpreter. "I made him look bad. You cant win by landing one shot." Rigondeauxs speed appeared to be too much for Donaire (31-2), who was trying to defend his WBO super bantamweight belt for the fifth time. Donaire, the Professional Boxing Writers Association fighter of the year for 2012, was handed his first loss in 30 fights since 2001. "I apologize," Donaire said. "I wanted to deliver. During the last two rounds, I got stupid. I didnt do my job. I didnt use my jab and go to my left. I have no excuse. He beat me tonight. I gave it all I got. I never studied the fight and I should have." The Cuban defector, a two-time gold medallist believed to have fought over 400 amateur bouts, landed 129 of 396 punches. Donaire landed only 82 of 352 punches and by the time the fight ended, he was trying to avoid further swelling on his right eye. "We fought the Cuban boxing way, hit and dont get hit," trainer Pedro Diaz said. "We made Donaire look very bad." Donaire appeared to knock down Rigondeaux in the opening seconds of the 10th, but referee Benjy Esteves ruled it a slip..dddddddddddd After being dropped with a left hand, Rigondeaux quickly got up. Going into the 12th round, judges Tom Schreck and Julie Lederman had the fight in favour of Rigondeaux, with Schreck scoring it 105-103 and Lederman 106-102. John Stewart had the fight even at 104-104. "He was pitching a shutout," trainer Diaz said. "He won every round. He was throwing more punches and being more aggressive." Rigondeaux ended his biggest victory as a pro by opening the 12th with three hard lefts and then began punishing Donaire with a series of punches along the ropes. "I saw Nonito looking for one punch," current WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley said. "It seemed like he was looking for one punch. He was following him around the ring but the thing about the Cubans is that theyre so smart. Thats why you kept seeing that right hand around the head. Thats Cuban style fighting. Thats what they do." In the buildup to the fight, Donaire and Rigondeaux had an eye-to-eye confrontation in the weigh-in. When the fight concluded, Donaire headed to Rigondeauxs corner and told him he was the best. Rigondeaux dominated the opening round and appeared to catch Donaire off-guard quickly with a pair of effective left hands and then got his attention with two more right hands, including one near the final bell. "This is boxing," Rigondeaux said. "I got him right away. He didnt hurt me." The fight was the second in the 82-year history of the building. The other was in 2000 when Roy Jones Jr. retained the light heavyweight championship against David Telesco in 2000. Promoters said a crowd of 6,145 fans attended the fight including Knicks star forward Carmelo Anthony. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements