StageAgent.com Home |

he post-game interview, Team 1040 rep

Announcements from StageAgent.com

he post-game interview, Team 1040 rep

Postby kaisy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:05 am

SEATTLE - Eddie Johnson scored twice, including the winner early in the 62nd minute, and the Seattle Sounders ended FC Dallas nine-game unbeaten streak in MLS play with a 4-2 victory Saturday night. Johnsons second goal of the game and fourth this season came just one minute after Dallas completed a comeback from a 2-0 deficit when Michel drilled a corner kick from the right side into the upper left roof of the Seattle net to tie it. The Sounders (4-3-3) stretched their unbeaten streak to six games (4-0-2) after a franchise-worst 0-3-1 start. "For the first couple games of the season, my body was beat up, and it was frustrating, because there was a time that as a team, we faced a really difficult challenge," Johnson said. "But it was just getting that rhythm and getting that confidence, and staying true to myself and believing in my teammates." League-leading Dallas (7-2-3) hadnt lost since a 3-1 setback at Chivas USA on March 10 in the second game of the season. "You never want to squander a two-goal lead, but we knew they were dangerous on set pieces," Sounders coach Sigi Schmid said. "The timeliness of our third goal was vital, and we continued to get opportunities." Johnson put the Sounders on the board in the 16th and Lamar Neagle made it 2-0 in the 30th. Second-half substitute Obafemi Martins added an insurance goal in the 83rd minute as Seattle racked up four goals for the second straight game. Johnsons winner was set up by Lamar Neagle, who sent a through ball toward the top of the penalty area. Johnson took it around onrushing goalkeeper Raul Fernandez and, from 10 yards in front of the net on the right side, sent a shot across the goalmouth and into the far side of the net. "We had opportunities in the first half, but we just had to be more composed, show more composure in the box when we got our chances, and stick the ball in the back of the net," Johnson said. "We got the chance in the second half, and Oba and myself, we made it count." Kenny Cooper got one back for Dallas early in the 54th before Michels equalizer in the 61st. "Being able to measure ourselves against the first-place team in our conference is important," Schmid said. "Being able to show that once all of our weapons are healthy we can score goals is important, as well." Midfielder Osvaldo Alsono set up Johnsons first goal on a counterattack. Johnson took the long pass from Alonso, went into the penalty area and fired into the back centre of the net from 16 yards in front, getting his shot past onrushing defender Matt Hedges. That was just the second time in 12 games this season that Dallas has allowed a first-half goal. Neagle scored on a wide-open breakaway 14 minutes later after taking a through-ball from Brad Evans. FC Dallas cut it to 2-1 when Cooper, playing near the penalty spot, headed in a free kick that Michel drove into the box from 40 yards out. Michels dramatic game-tying goal came on a corner from the right side that went just over the outstretched fingers of Sounders keeper Michael Gspurning. "They created a lot of chances, a lot of breakaways, a lot of counterattacks," Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman said. "It seemed like the only time Seattle really put their foot on the ball is when we were down a man. The rest of the time, it was very fast-paced. I think probably the bigger thing that mattered was I think our guys lost their composure and emotions when they considered some of the calls that werent being made, and then, youre just disappointed." Michael Johnson Jersey . The Real Madrid midfielder, who last played an international when Brazil was beaten in the quarterfinals at the 2010 World Cup by the Netherlands, added the third goal in the 47th minute at Swebank Stadium. Rey Maualuga Jersey . Jakub Voracek scored the go-ahead goal with 1:31 remaining in the third period to cap his first career NHL hat trick, leading the Flyers to a wild 6-5 victory over the Penguins on Wednesday. http://www.ajgreenjerseys.us/GIOVANI_BE ... ERSEY.html . Well chat some hoops later in the week. Im heading to New Orleans and Orlando later in the week for Toronto Raptors games there. Brandon Thompson Jersey . All he wants is for his players to make the most of their chance. "Bayern are very sure of themselves and they feel confident of beating us for various reasons. Devon Still Jersey . The 22-year-old centre scored his first goal in an Ottawa uniform and Craig Anderson made 35 saves Thursday as the Senators defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-1.Chicago Blackhawks veteran defenceman Duncan Keith is taking some heat over comments made to a reporter following Mondays 3-1 loss to the Vancouver Canucks. In the post-game interview, Team 1040 reporter Karen Thomson asked Keith if a penalty went uncalled on a two-handed slash he gave to the back of Daniel Sedin on the Canucks third goal of the contest. "Oh, no. I dont think there was," Keith said when asked if a penalty went undetected. "I think he scored a nice goal, and thats what the ref saw. Maybe we should get you as a ref maybe, hey?" Thomson responded with "Yeah, maybe. Cantt skate though," to which Keith said, "First female referee - You cant probably play either, right? But youre thinking the game, like you know it? See ya.dddddddddddd" Thomson released a statement on Tuesday saying she was moving on from the incident. "Hockey is an emotional game and things are often said in the heat of the moment," she said. "I think this is what happened last night. Ive moved on." Keith and Daniel Sedin already have some on-ice history between them. The NHL suspended Keith five games last March for elbowing Sedin in a regular season game. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements