StageAgent.com Home |

ne drive to right field. Loney is batting just .20

Announcements from StageAgent.com

ne drive to right field. Loney is batting just .20

Postby kaisy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:03 am

CALGARY -- A jarring hit in the first period provided a huge jolt for American Taylor Chace. Chace went on to score the only goal of the game to lead the United States to a 1-0 victory over Canada on Saturday to win gold at the 2012 World Sledge Hockey Challenge. Canadas biggest highlight of the first came when Kieran Block levelled Chace with a big hit at centre ice. "Its always nice to literally check yourself into the game," Chace said. "We just had a lot of fun out there. Its always a blast playing Canada. Its always a tight game." American coach Jeff Sauer said he wasnt surprised to see his captain continue to battle hard even after the collision. "It maybe woke him up," Sauer said. "It could have woke up both guys because nobody came out on the short end of that one." Steve Cash made eight saves to earn the shutout as the Americans employed a stifling defensive system to keep Canada off the scoreboard at the Markin MacPhail Centre. "We just got off our game plan and we allowed the Americans to establish a good forecheck," said Canadian coach Mike Mondin. "Its just one of those games. We have to learn from it. We know were capable of playing a lot better than that in the first two periods. Thats what were going to have to do the next time we play the U.S." Chace finally broke the scoreless deadlock at 9:10 of the second when his point shot got through traffic and past Canadian goalie Benoit St-Amand, who finished the game with eight saves. "I just waited for that gap and I just ripped it as hard as I could and it went in," Chace said. "We just wanted to give ourselves a chance to win and tonight we were able to come out on top." Canada will play a three-game series against the U.S. in Ottawa next February as both teams gear up for the 2013 International Paralympic Committee Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships, which will be held in Goyang City, Korea in April. "We still have the world championship at the end of this year and well set a fire for us to get going," said Canadian captain Greg Westlake. "Were going to be better and I just hope people who saw us play this week keep following the team." Added veteran Canadian forward Billy Bridges: "I think were pretty excited to come at them and really use this as fuel for the next four months and see that theres no excuses." Earlier in the day, Loyd Remi Solberg had a hat trick to help Norway capture the bronze medal with a 5-0 win over Japan. In the gold-medal game, the two finalists battled to a scoreless first period in which the U.S. outshot Canada 3-0. Dixon finally recorded Canadas first shot on goal at 4:35 of the second period, but was thwarted when Cash made a glove save. At the other end of the ice, St-Amand made a nice chest save to turn aside a shot by U.S. forward Josh Pauls a short time before Chaces goal. Westlake had a breakaway for Canada early in the third period and his shot trickled past Cash, but American forward Declan Farmer cleared the puck out of harms way before it crossed the goal-line. "I just wanted to play it safe and get it out of the way anyway," said Farmer, who also had an assist on Chaces goal. "Thats just my first instinct to get back for a rebound. It felt good to do that, to contribute to the win." With St.-Amand on the bench in favour of an extra attacker, Canada poured on the pressure in the games final minute but couldnt score an equalizer. In the bronze-medal game, Magnus Bogle and Knut Andre Nordstoga also scored for Norway, while Audun Bakke tied a tournament record with four assists. Kjell Christian Hamar made nine saves to record the shutout, while Mitsuru Nagase stopped 23 shots at the other end of the ice. Notes: The U.S. went 0 for 4 with the man advantage, while Canada failed to score on two power plays. ... Canada struck gold at the last edition of the World Sledge Hockey Challenge in November 2011 in Calgary with a 4-1 win over the U.S. in the final. Norway won bronze with a 5-3 win over Japan. ... The U.S. beat Canada 2-1 in the semifinals of the 2012 IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships in Hamar, Norway last April and then went on to win gold with a 5-1 victory over Japan in the final. nfl jerseys from china . -- After parting ways with starting linebackers Justin Durant and Kirk Morrison and failing to find replacements in the draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars had no choice but to address the position during free agency. cheap nfl jerseys . -- Embattled Arizona quarterback Kevin Kolb took one hit too many, and its uncertain whether he will be able to return to lead the Cardinals against the Vikings at Minnesota next Sunday, or will turn the job over to John Skelton. http://www.cheapnfljerseysfromchina.biz/ . Advantage, Djokovic. The top-ranked Serb got the big break when he needed it late in the third set and held off Murray 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 at the O2 Arena. "Another great match. Another great performance from both of us," said Djokovic, who has known Murray since they were 11 years old. cheap jerseys from china . PETERSBURG, Fla. nfl jerseys china . The 18-year old moguls skier from Montreal raced with a swollen blue bruise above her right eye, which was the result of kneeing herself in the face during training the previous day at Canada Olympic Park. LOS ANGELES -- Scott Rolen has become an expert on how to play with pain and discomfort. Hes been on the disabled list enough during his 16-year career to have a greater appreciation for the time he does spend on the field. Rolen got three hits and drove in three runs, leading the Cincinnati Reds over Los Angeles 7-2 on Wednesday for their first three-game sweep of the Dodgers since 2004. The six-time all-star third baseman, who has been on the DL six times since driving in a career-high 124 runs in 2004 with St. Louis, had a pair of RBI doubles and a run-scoring single off Chad Billingsley. "He hit the ball hard today in a couple of big spots to get us on the board," manager Dusty Baker said. "He wasnt moving too good, but he said he wanted to play. Thats what pros do. They play even though theyre not feeling 100 per cent. And we certainly needed him today." Rolen sat out Friday nights series opener after finishing a game at San Francisco in which he fouled a pitch off his left foot in the second inning. He returned to the lineup Saturday night, contributing an RBI double to a 4-2 victory. "I can play on it, but it might not be pretty sometimes," said Rolen, who is 15 hits shy of 2,000 and five doubles away from 500. "I might be hobbling around on it a little bit, but Im not hurt. Thats an ankle that I sprained about nine times in high school playing basketball, so it doesnt do too well with swelling. Anytime anything hits it, it goes through the Achilles. I mean, Im not going to cry about that, but it just loses some mobility and flexibility. But Im fine." The Reds won on Bakers 62nd birthday. His teams are 5-11 on June 15 during his 18 seasons as a manager. It was a far cry from the last two times he was in uniform on his birthday. Last year, Reds lost 12-0 to the Dodgers at Cincinnati -- and two years ago Boston routed them 9-0 at Great American Ball Park. "It was a real nice birthday present," Baker said. "Its the first time I can remember winning a game on my birthday in about 10 years. Thats the one thing I wanted today. Its rare to come in here and sweep the Dodgers. We needed it. That was a perfect ending on this west coast trip, which has really been a nemesis to most teams in the east." Ryan Hanigan and Fred Lewis each drove in two runs, helping put Los Angeles a season-high eight games under .500. This was the first time the Dodgers were swept in a three-game series at home since June 12-13, 2010, by the Angels. "Were going to have to play solid baseball for a long period of time to get back in this thing," rookie manager Don Mattingly said. Travis Wood (5-4) allowed one run, five hits and five walks over six innings. He did not retire more than two batters in a row at any point. Billingsley (5-6) laboured through four innings with 88 pitches. He allowed seven runs, nine hits and four walks. Last Friday at Colorado, he was tagged for a career-worst 13 hits over 4 2-3 innings.dddddddddddd Cincinnati took a 2-1 lead in the second with RBI doubles by Rolen and Lewis. The Reds made it 6-1 in the third on Rolens run-scoring single, a bases-loaded walk to Lewis and a two-run single by Hanigan. Handed a five-run cushion, Wood promptly plunked the slumping Andre Ethier with his first pitch in the bottom of the third, the first time Ethier was hit this season. But left-fielder Jonny Gomes raced toward the foul line and made a diving backhanded grab across the line to rob James Loney of a two-run double. "Its no secret about the visibility in this place in day games. Dusty told us about it, going back to when he played here," Gomes said. "The seats are the same colour as the ball, if you think about it, so you have to take some chances here. I definitely dont play Loney on the line by any means ever. But Woodie had his cutter going and Loney kept fouling balls off to my side. So every pitch he threw, I took another step, and another step, and another step." Rolen made it 7-1 in the fourth with his second RBI double, giving him his first three-RBI game since April 6 against Houston. "Ive always enjoyed playing out here, but you always run into good teams," Rolen said. "We split (a four-game series) in San Francisco, which you take. Maybe we could have gotten one more, but theyre a good team, too. And we obviously played well here. So a 5-2 trip, I think we would have taken that before we left Cincinnati." The Dodgers had Wood in trouble in the first after a two-out double by Ethier, an intentional walk to Matt Kemp and another walk to Juan Uribe. The left-hander then walked the .163-hitting Marcus Thames to force in a run, but minimized the damage by retiring Loney on a line drive to right field. Loney is batting just .203 with runners in scoring position. "It was a rough first, but I was able to settle down. It was a battle all game, though," Wood said. "Fortunately, I was able to keep them off-balance enough and keep them from scoring. We had a couple of clutch double plays that helped out a lot." NOTES: Ethier is hitting .250 with two homers, 15 RBIs and 29 strikeouts in 37 games since getting the final hit of his 30-game hitting streak on May 6. In his first 32 games, he hit .379 with three homers and 17 RBIs. Ethier has gone six games (25 at-bats) since his last RBI and 18 games (66 at-bats) since his last home run. ... During his 19-year playing career with the Braves, Dodgers, Giants and Athletics, Baker was in the starting lineup on his birthday 10 times. He was 13 for 35 with two home runs and nine RBIs in those games, and his teams were 6-4. ... The seven runs against Billingsley were one shy of the total he allowed over 42 innings in his six previous home starts this season. He came in 3-0 with a 2.25 earned-run average against the Reds at Dodger Stadium. ... Rolen is 8 for 15 lifetime against Billingsley with five RBIs. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements