StageAgent.com Home |

the development level right up to these G

Announcements from StageAgent.com

the development level right up to these G

Postby kaisy on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:10 am

INDIANAPOLIS -- Ahmad Bradshaw may be getting closer to finding a new job. The former New York Giants star and unrestricted free agent visited the Indianapolis Colts team complex Thursday and was still negotiating with the team Friday, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because no deal had yet been reached. Adding the 27-year-old Bradshaw would give the Colts depth in the backfield, if not a starter. The three top contenders for now are former first-round pick Donald Brown, who has been injury prone; Vick Ballard, who impressed last season as a rookie; and third-year back Delone Carter, who has struggled with injuries and fumbles. Indy currently has eight running backs on the roster, including seventh-round draft pick Kerwynn Williams and fullback Stanley Havili, who was acquired in a March trade with Philadelphia. Williams is listed at 5-foot-8, 195 pounds. But the other five backs have a combined total of six NFL carries, all by Havili last season. In seven seasons with the Giants, Bradshaw played in 84 of 96 games, starting 33 and rushed for 4,232 yards and 32 touchdowns. He is best known for scoring the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl two years ago on an awkward flop. The play gave the Giants a 21-17 victory over New England. Last season, Bradshaw ran for 1,015 yards on 221 carries, 4.6 yard average, and six touchdowns. After missing four games with injuries in 2012, the Giants parted ways with Bradshaw in February. He was one of a handful of high-salaried players released by the Giants as part of roster purge intended to clear up salary cap room and bring in younger talent. Indy, meanwhile, spent much of the off-season fortifying the oft-maligned defence and an offensive line that gave up far too many hits on Andrew Luck last season. The Colts signed nine veteran free agents including right tackle Gosder Cherilus, safety LaRon Landry, guard Donald Thomas and linebacker Erik Walden. They also drafted Bjorn Werner in the first round. But other than drafting Williams in the seventh round and trading for Havili, the Colts didnt make any other significant moves in the backfield. cheap jerseys for sale . Willis was the NL Rookie of the Year in 2003 with the Marlins and quickly became one of baseballs most popular players. cheap jerseys . Coverage begins with Raptors Game Day on TSN2 at 5:30pm et/2:30pm pt, ahead of tipoff on TSN2 and TSN Mobile TV at 6pm et/3pm pt. New Orleans shoots for just their second three-game winning streak of the season. http://www.cheapjerseysforsale.biz/ . The 18th-ranked Nishikori retired from his semifinal match with eventual champion Andy Murray at last weeks Brisbane International with the same injury. After training at Melbourne Park, he felt he was not fit enough to compete at Kooyong and will use the remainder of the week undergoing intensive treatment to try to play in the Australian Open. nfl cheap jerseys . Tony Parker had 20 points and the San Antonio Spurs held the Nets to only five points in the third quarter en route to a 104-73 win Monday night. cheap nfl jerseys . The club made valuable investments in both with lottery draft picks (nine and thirteen, respectively) and was determined to accelerate their NBA development by giving them as many minutes as they were going to need to become valuable contributors to the team as they matured.LONDON - For the past four years, Allison McNeills password for literally everything from email to Twitter has included the numbers "2012." And when Canadas womens basketball squad failed to qualify for the Beijing 2008 Games, the teams head coach said they had team shirts made up that read: "Its not every four years, its every day for four years." Four years have finally passed since the disappointment of missing out on Beijing 2008, and when the players walked into the Basketball Arena at Olympic Park earlier this week, the players threw their arms in the air and sang out like a celestial choir. "A guy literally threw open the doors and our team walked out and went Aaaaahhhhh!," McNeill sang. "Its like, We are here. We have worked hard. "Our coaching staff had to stop, we were laughing so hard. I didnt think I could do practice. It was so cute. It was a light funny moment and then we had a phenomenal practice." The long wait finally ends when Canada tips off its London 2012 Olympic Games tournament versus No. 2-ranked Russia on Saturday. Canada is making its first Olympic Games appearance in basketball in 12 years, and is the only other Canadian team represented at London 2012 — the other is womens soccer. Its also only the fourth womens basketball team to qualify for and play in an Olympic Games in 36 years. The basketball squad, led by point guard Teresa Gabriele — the only remaining player from team that competed in the Sydney 2000 Olympics — arrived riding a wave of elation after earning literally the last available berth for the Games at a last-chance qualifying event, beating Japan on Canada Day. McNeill, who became the teams head coach shortly after its last Olympic Games appearance in Sydney, never dreamed in the early days of a career that has spanned more than 30 years that she would ever lead a team onto the Olympic Games hardcourt. She said shes always been perfectly happy in her fulltime gig, coaching development players as young as Grades 3 and 4. But McNeill, who coaches the national squad alongside husband Mike — one of her longtime assistants — said theres no better feeling than helping players achieve their Olympic dreams.dddddddddddd "We facilitate their experience, and for me, the best thing to date in my coaching career is when we are successful and I see their faces," McNeill said. "After we qualified. . . our staff just stared at them and watched them. Id never seen such euphoria on peoples faces in my life. You feel really good about that." What makes this Olympic Games appearance all the more sweet for McNeill is that she coached several players — Gabriele, Kim Smith, and Chelsea Aubrey — from the development level right up to these Games. She couldnt be happier to see them shine on sports biggest stage. "You get to know them. You definitely get close to them," she said. The 11th-ranked team marched in Friday nights opening ceremonies, despite its game Saturday morning versus Russia at 11:30 local time. The coach couldnt say no. Its part of her philosophy of a well-rounded sporting career. "I dont think I could even face them if I didnt let them do it," McNeill said. "I just think its part of a life experience. How do you inspire a generation if you cant even tell them how it felt to walk in. . . I have no idea because I wasnt there." McNeill, a Salmon Arm, B.C., native, isnt a big believer in spending every moment focusing on playing basketball. "I think theres something about handling distractions, being able to live a life and be a great athlete," McNeill said. "Theyre not opposing. Some people feel that, Im not one of those coaches. I dont think you have to be in your room stressing about basketball 24-7, I think its unhealthy." Canada is in a tough pool with Australia (tied for No. 2-ranked with Russia), sixth-ranked Brazil, No. 8 France, and host Great Britain. But McNeill said there wont be any panic-driven last-minute changes to how she and her players approach the Games. "I dont feel like we have five-ring fever," the coach said. "Were not doing something new or changing something, its what got us here." ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements