StageAgent.com Home |

sh the season on a positive note. "We g

Announcements from StageAgent.com

sh the season on a positive note. "We g

Postby kaisy on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:33 am

WINNIPEG - Winnipeg Goldeyes manager Rick Forney announced today the signing of infielders Casey Haerther and Garrett Rau and outfielder Nick Liles to contracts for the 2013 season. Haerther, 25, is a former fifth round pick by the Los Angeles Angels in the 2009 MLB amateur draft and has played all four of his professional seasons in their system. At Double-A Arkansas of the Texas League last year, the product of West Hills, Calif. hit .271 with 10 home runs and 56 RBI in 124 games. “He had four really solid years in the Angels organization,” Forney said. “Hes a big bat, middle of the lineup type of hitter. He produces a lot of extra-base hits and drives in a lot of runs. Hell play a lot at first base, third base and DH. We have some big expectations for Casey. Were hoping he can fill a void and be a presence in the middle of our order.” Liles, 25, was drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the seventh round of the 2009 MLB amateur draft and played in their organization for four seasons. A product of Laurinburg, N.C., Liles batted .259 with 20 RBI in 90 games with Double-A Richmond of the Eastern League last season. He had a three-game stint with Triple-A Fresno of the Pacific Coast League in 2011 where he hit .417 with an RBI and in 2010 he stole 29 bases with Single-A Augusta of the South Atlantic League. “He has the ability to play all over the field,” Forney said. “He was a shortstop in college and played mostly outfield with the Giants organization. Hes a guy that can hit the ball to all parts of the field and create a lot of havoc with his legs. We have some big plans for him hitting at the top of our order.” Rau, 24, comes to Winnipeg after playing his first season as a position player with the Amarillo Sox a year ago. A former pitcher in the Boston Red Sox organization, Rau played 89 games for Amarillo last summer and saw action at every infield position, except catcher. He hit .268 with three home runs and 33 RBI and tossed three scoreless innings on the mound. “He was a jack-of-all-trades in Amarillo last year,” Forney said. “Hell be a utility type player with us, moving all around the field.” The Goldeyes now have 19 players signed for the 2013 season, including 11 pitchers and eight position players. Cris Carter Jersey . The more recent spat is buried. With the regular season winding down, the Dallas Mavericks are tuning up nicely for the playoffs. Youth Greg Jennings Jersey . With the winning run at second and two outs in the bottom of the 12th at soggy PNC Park, Harrison didnt pass up a first-pitch fastball from Fernando Rodriguez. http://www.vikingssportsfanstore.com/Vi ... Tw-93.html . -- Charline Labonte was named Canadas starting goaltender for womens world hockey championship opener against the United States. Womens Adrian Peterson Jersey . Quiros had three birdies in a flawless round for a 10-under total of 200, one shot ahead of Swedens Peter Hanson, who recovered from an early bogey to shoot 65. McIlroy shared the lead with the 28-year-old Quiros after both of the first two rounds, but the U. Youth Christian Ponder Jersey . An unearned run allowed in the eighth inning put the Seattle Mariners ahead 1-0 and seemingly ended the Astros hopes of a victory. They entered the game winless in 38 chances when trailing after eight innings and hadnt been able to score a single run in their last 17 innings against the Mariners.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- DeAngelo Williams wants to remain in Carolina. The Panthers all-time leading rusher said despite getting benched in Week 7 and not playing a major role on offence for most of the season he hopes to return for an eighth year in Carolina. "I signed a five-year contract, so that in itself lets you know I want to be back," Williams said. But Williams, who turns 30 in April, is the first to admit thats not his decision. "The ball is not really in my court," Williams said as the left the stadium Monday morning. Williams has three years remaining on a five-year contract worth $43 million that included a $16 million signing bonus. With Stewart getting a five-year, $36.5 million contract extension before the season and then being promoted as the teams starting running back, there has been was plenty of speculation about Williams future. He closed the season by setting a franchise record with a career-best 210 yards rushing and two touchdowns in Carolinas 44-38 win over the New Orleans Saints. Williams started the teams final five games with Stewart out with a high ankle sprain. Carolina won four of those. However, the Panthers finished 7-9 and failed to make the playoffs for the fourth straight season. After struggling most of the season, Williams finished as the teams second-leading rusheer behind Cam Newton with 737 yards on 173 carries and five touchdowns.dddddddddddd He also caught 13 passes for 187 yards and two scores. Williams said it was nice to finish the season on a positive note. "We got more opportunities out of the backfield and that gives you more opportunity to be productive, and I think we showed our worth back there," Williams said. "We have been clicking on all cylinders the last four weeks, so I dont think thats nothing new as far as production. But the way we produced as far as the run game opened a lot of eyes." Williams said hes not going to spend a lot of time dwelling on his future, particularly because the Panthers dont have a general manager in place. "If there is any conversation that comes up, its on the Carolina Panthers end as far as getting rid of me or just doing nothing and having me come back," Williams said. "So there is nothing on my end that I can do. When I signed my signature on that dotted line I was planning on being here for five years. So the questions being directed toward me I cant answer because I signed a five-year deal." Williams said he plans to relax and spend some time watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Dr. McStuffins with his daughter. "I havent got to watch much TV lately," Williams said. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements