StageAgent.com Home |

ncer) were turning the c

Announcements from StageAgent.com

ncer) were turning the c

Postby kaisy on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:35 am

The Montreal Canadiens will be forced to face the Philadelphia Flyers without their starting goaltender Carey Price at the Bell Centre this evening. Price is suffering from a stomach flu which has forced him out of the lineup for an unknown amount of time. The Habs have called up Robert Mayer from the AHLs Hamilton Bulldogs to be Peter Budajs back up for tonights game. Budaj has only played two games this season, which resulted in a 5-1 loss to the Ottawa Senators on January 30 and a 5-4 shootout loss to the Buffalo Sabres on February 7. Michel Therrien doesnt believe that Budaj has been given the proper opportunity to showcase his goaltending skills so far this season. Both his starts came on back-to-back nights that required the team to travel as well. Max Pacioretty echoed that sentiment. "We have let Budaj down the past two games he has started, we owe him a win," the forward said following Saturdays morning skate. This has been somewhat of a challenging start to the season for Pacioretty, who has six assists but no goals. Not an easy thing for a player who scored 33 goals last season to deal with. In order to try and get him, along with his usual linemate from last season David Desharnais going, Therrien decided to shake up the lines, reuniting Desharnais and Pacioretty on a line with rookie right winger Brendan Gallagher. However, if the lines arent creating the chemistry Therrien is hoping for he isnt afraid of making line combination changes throughout the game. Projected lines for tonights game: Bourque - Plekanec - GiontaPrust - Galchenyuk - ColePacioretty - Desharnais - GallagherMoen - Eller - Armstrong Markov - EmelinGorges - DiazBouillon - Subban Elite falcons Jersey . Quiros had three birdies in a flawless round for a 10-under total of 200, one shot ahead of Swedens Peter Hanson, who recovered from an early bogey to shoot 65. McIlroy shared the lead with the 28-year-old Quiros after both of the first two rounds, but the U. Tony Gonzalez Jersey For Sale .cas James Lynch (@LynchOnSports) go head to head with their picks for this weekends UFC on FUEL TV 10 event. http://www.falconssportsfanstore.com/Fa ... Ef-13.html . James Andrews for a second opinion on the left elbow that has plagued him since he reported to spring training. Robert Alford Jersey . James Andrews for a second opinion on the left elbow that has plagued him since he reported to spring training. Throwback falcons Jersey . LOUIS -- Shelby Millers lone regret is it took a lot of work to send Milwaukee Brewers hitters trudging back to the dugout.The ball was nestled in loose pine straw to the right of the 13th fairway at Augusta National, a pair of Georgia pines blocking a daunting view of the flag tucked behind Raes Creek, 207 yards away. What some might consider a dilemma, Phil Mickelson saw as opportunity. Jim (Bones) Mackay, who has caddied for Mickelson the better part of two decades, sized up the situation quickly and knew the plan even before his boss spoke. "Once I got to the ball, I knew he was going for it," Mackay said. "From past experience." With one swing, Mickelson hit a spectacular-looking shot through a gap in the trees, just far enough to clear the winding creek and plop down next to the flag, setting off a ground-shaking cheer that defines the back nine Sunday at the Masters. That shot immediately became part of Masters lore. It ranks with Jack Nicklaus hitting four-iron into the 15th for eagle in 1986, the final push toward his historic sixth green jacket; with Tiger Woods and the chip that made a U-turn down the slope on the 16th and paused a full second before dropping for birdie on the final turn in 2005. Its right there with Larry Mize chipping in from 140 feet in a playoff at No. 11 to beat Greg Norman; Sandy Lyle from the fairway bunker on No. 18 for birdie to win in 1988. Mickelsons shot last year didnt win the Masters, though. What gets lost is that he missed the four-foot eagle putt. He wound up with the same score on that hole as Lee Westwood, who laid up from the trees and made birdie. But that doesnt matter. For Mickelson, golf always has been more about the journey than the destination. "Not too many people could have played that shot -- probably only Phil, to be honest," Ernie Els said. "Hes just kind of a magician, the best at times. And around there, hes just unbelievable." This time, Mickelson arrived at his destination safely. The shot was cool, even by Mickelsons standards. But the special memory for him last year was walking off the 18th green and into the arms of his wife, Amy, who was at a golf course for the first time since being diagnosed with breast cancer nearly a year earlier. The final birdie putt gave Mickelson a three-shot victory, the largest of his three wins at Augusta National. It will be hard for anyone this year at Augusta to walk past that stand of Georgia Pines without stopping to take a look. Thats what U.S. Amateur champion Peter Uihlein did during a practice round. Like most others, he was curious to see what Mickelson faced, or even what Mickelson was thinking. "Its an aggressive shot," Uihlein said with a grin. "I just looked at it. Its an unbelievable shot. Theres just no question." After his first Masters victory in 2004, Mickelson went back to the spot on the 18th green where he holed an 18-foot birdie putt for his first major championship. He expects to do the same on No. 13. "I very well may go too that spot because thats an important spot, an important shot for the tournament last year," he said.dddddddddddd "And I will look at that. However, I do plan on hitting the fairway all four days." Mickelson has never been afraid to take on any shot, no matter the circumstances. The television angle made it look as though he could touch the trees without moving, although he had a full swing. Laying up was never an option. "I was going to have to through that gap if I laid up or went for the green," Mickelson said. "That gap was a little bit wider -- it wasnt huge, but it was big enough, you know, for a ball to fit through." The space between the trees wasnt what alarmed his caddie. It was the pine straw. "I was worried he could lose his footing," Mackay said. Mackay usually brings the conservative voice to a risk-reward situation, and while he knew Mickelson had already made up his mind, he pointed out what happened the day before, when Mickelson nearly holed a wedge on the 15th in his quest for three straight eagles. "I knew he was going to go, but if he wanted to lay up, hes as good as anyone from 80 yards," Mackay said. After that, it was only a matter of five-iron or six-iron. Asked whether it was the defining moment of the tournament, Westwood argued for the third round when Mickelson made an eagle putt on the 13th, holed out for eagle on the 14th and came within a few feet of holing a wedge on the 15th. "Those kind of things dont tend to happen too often," he said. But even Westwood recognizes a special shot when he sees on. "It was probably the shot of the year last year, under the circumstances and taking everything into account," he said. "I knew hed fancy having a go at it, and thats Phils personality and game. Hes that kind of player." Augusta National asks each champion to donate a club to be on display that was pivotal in his victory. The six-iron was an obvious choice. Not so obvious is how he will play as the defending champion. The Masters was his last win. Just as his wife and mother (who also was diagnosed with breast cancer) were turning the corner, Mickelson learned he had psoriatic arthritis a week before the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. It took him more than five months to get the right medication, effectively costing him the second half of the year. His only chance at winning this year came at Torrey Pines. Needing an eagle on the last hole to force a playoff, Mickelson was in the left rough with his ball sitting up. And he chose to lay up. He had no real chance of getting the shot to stay on the green, and Mickelson reasoned that his best hope was a full sand wedge from the fairway. Unpredictable to the end, he had Mackay tend the flag from 72 yards away. It narrowly missed the hole. Even so, nothing inspires him like the Masters. "I feel like the year kind of starts now," Mickelson said. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements