StageAgent.com Home |

p for everything." There will

Announcements from StageAgent.com

p for everything." There will

Postby kaisy on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:34 am

HONG KONG -- Defending champion Rory McIlroy finished nine shots behind leader Javier Colomo after the first round of the Hong Kong Open on Thursday. McIlroy admitted to feeling lethargic after shooting a 3-over 73. Colomo, ranked 506th, recorded a career-best 64 in overcast and windy conditions on the suburban Fanling course. That earned him a one-stroke lead over fellow Spaniard Miguel Angel Jimenez and Australias Andrew Dodt. The 48-year-old Jimenez would break his own record as oldest Hong Kong champion from 2008, and oldest ever winner on the European Tour if he were to capture the title a third time this weekend. "I am like a good bottle of rioja because I just get better and better with age," Jimenez said with a smile. Countryman Jose Maria Olazabal put himself in position to end a seven-year winless drought on the tour, playing alongside Jimenez and being among five players signing for 67s. Olazabal also won in Hong Kong, in 2002. McIlroy bogeyed his first hole and made his only birdie at the par-5 third hole. He dropped a shot at the sixth after being forced to play his second shot left-handed from beside a bush, and bogeyed 14 and 15. "I just lacked a bit of energy out there, I felt a bit lethargic and mentally more than physically, if I am being honest," he said. "I bogeyed the first, but then just got more frustrated as the round went on. I just felt like I was hitting some decent shots and just not really converting any chances for birdies and I just let it go a little bit." McIlroy believes hes just going through a comedown after securing the tour money title last weekend in Singapore. "I suppose after last week, and winning the Race to Dubai title, it was always going to be a bit of a letdown," he said. "I feel as though I am playing well enough, but I just need to get my head and the golf to match up and Ill be OK." Colomo found everything in synch in his Hong Kong Open debut. He began his round on the back nine and after 10 straight pars he stormed to the top of the board with six birdies over his closing eight holes. Colomo lost his card last year on Europes secondary Challenge Tour and this season has been competing on the Asian Tour. "After losing my card on the Challenge Tour, I was lucky to qualify for the Asian Tour and Im 33rd on the rankings," Colomo said. "Thats perfect, because I now get to play co-sanctioned tournaments like this on the European Tour. "So its been a good chance for me to improve, and why not try and win a tournament and get myself onto the European Tour." Antrel Rolle Jersey . The ISAF Council voted in May to introduce kiteboarding in Brazil -- a decision reaffirmed in a vote Friday. But the decision was overruled by the ISAF general assembly, which voted Saturday in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland, in favour of reinstating windsurfing. Steve Weatherford Jersey . The end of this mess of a season for the Minnesota Twins still mattered to the veteran right-hander, who wanted no part of 100 losses. http://www.giantssportsfanshop.com/wome ... hw-60.html .C. – Completely engulfed by the thunderous red of Alex Ovechkin and company, the Toronto Maple Leafs had no answers in the U. Phil Simms Jersey . -- The San Jose Sharks are bringing back forward James Sheppard and defenceman Nick Petrecki on one-year contracts. Will Beatty Jersey . LOUIS -- Shelby Millers lone regret is it took a lot of work to send Milwaukee Brewers hitters trudging back to the dugout. PENTICTON, B.C. -- North America is taking control at the World Financial Group Continental Cup. The team took nine of a possible 12 points at the Ryder Cup-style curling competition Friday to grab a 13-8 lead on the World squad in the overall points race through two days. The first team to 30.5 points will claim the WFG Financial Cup. The North Americans, who lost to the World team in last years event, capped their day by winning two mens team games on Friday night and tying another. "Boy, what a day," said Edmonton skip Kevin Martin after his team rolled to a 6-3 win over Swedens Niklas Edin. "Everybodys been playing really, really well. Weve got the momentum, and hopefully we can keep it going, but its a long way to the finish line yet." Martins rink took control with two points in the first end and scored three in the fourth to cruise home with the victory on the centre sheet, where he was able to watch the two other North American mens teams playing on either side of him. "It takes a lot of pressure off of you, and it adds so much pressure to the other team that were playing with the scoreboards the way they were," Martin said. "That all sort of feeds on itself in this event. So far, so good." In other action, U.S. champion Heath McCormick picked up his first win of the week, taking advantage of a short-handed World squad skipped by Norways Thomas Ulsrud for an 8-3 win. Ulsrud lost second Christoffer Svae early in the game with a stomach issue that also was affecting players on Tom Brewsters Scottish team. "It was nice to get that one," said McCormick, who rebounded after a disappointing 8-7 loss to Edin on Thursday. "We felt like we let one slide last night. We were prretty much in control and I missed a couple bad shots.dddddddddddd So to come out and play well again felt nice. Its nice that we can be part of this team and contribute to this team. "We feel like we belong." Brewsters rink salvaged half a point from the evening when he drew for a deuce in the eighth end to pull out a 5-5 tie with Glenn Howard of Coldwater, Ont. "Every point, every half point makes a difference," said Brewster. "Its about reaching that 30.5 points and were half a point closer to reaching that. It was hard fought tonight but it was good. Were seeing a couple of the others guys (on the World team) go down and its not great. Weve just got to dig deep and scrap for everything." There will be six more traditional team games (three mens and three womens), each worth one point for a win, and one-half point for a tie. All games are eight ends and there are no extra ends. For the six mixed doubles and six singles matches, one point will also be awarded for each victory, one-half point if tied. The six skins games (two mixed, two womens and two mens) on Sunday will offer a total of five points per game, with the first six ends of each game worth one-half point each, while the seventh and eighth ends are worth one point each. In skins, a count of at least two with last rock or a steal is required in order to win an end. Otherwise, the points carry over. The winning side receives $52,000 ($2,000 per member, including captain and coach), while the losing side gets $26,000 ($1,000 per member, including captain and coach). As well, the side that generates the highest point total in Sundays six skins games will receive an additional $13,000. Each team has won four Continental Cups. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements