StageAgent.com Home |

. D.C.s Joe Willis made six saves. "t;The la

Announcements from StageAgent.com

. D.C.s Joe Willis made six saves. "t;The la

Postby kaisy on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:13 am

PHILADELPHIA -- Ricky Nolasco sounded like a guy who wouldnt mind making a playoff run with the Philadelphia Phillies instead of pitching against them. Jonathan Pettibone pitched neatly into the seventh, Ryan Howard, Chase Utley and Domonic Brown hit solo homers and the Phillies beat the Miami Marlins 4-1 Friday night. Nolasco (2-3) gave up four runs and eight hits in six innings to lose for just the second time in eight decisions at Citizens Bank Park. His six wins in this hitter-friendly ballpark are the most by any pitcher in the majors. "I love this ballpark. I love pitching here. I think if this stadium doesnt get you going and amped up, theres something wrong with you," Nolasco said. "Ive always liked pitching here. The crowds always nice. They get into the game. Its fun to pitch here. I just didnt make those quality pitches like I had to. They got me when they needed to and thats what that lineup does." If the cost-conscious Marlins want to dump Nolascos $11.5 million salary, maybe the Phillies would be interested. "Ive always loved pitching here," he said. "I like the stadium, I like everything about it. I like the city." Pettibone (2-0) allowed one run and five hits in 6 1-3 innings in his third start filling in for injured lefty John Lannan. The 22-year-old righty lowered his ERA to 3.24 and hes only walked two batters in 16 2-3 innings. "I want to give my team a chance to win," Pettibone said. "I stuck to the same things, build off each start, stay aggressive." The Phillies are 9-3 when Pettibone, Lannan or Kyle Kendrick start and 5-13 when aces Cole Hamels, Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee take the mound. "With those other guys, theres nothing to worry about," Pettibone said. "You see what theyve done in their careers." Donovan Solano hit a solo homer for the Marlins, whove lost three in a row after winning three straight. "I thought Ricky did a nice job, kept us in the game," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He executed his pitches and gave us a chance. Weve got to do a better job of putting some runs up. Its tough for our pitching when were just scoring one run a night. Weve got to find a way to put some crooked numbers on the scoreboard." The Phillies improved to 9-2 combined against the Marlins (8-22) and New York Mets (11-15), but theyre 5-14 against other teams. Pettibone left after allowing a one-out single in the seventh. Antonio Bastardo entered and walked two batters to load the bases. Bastardo then struck out pinch-hitter Austin Kearns swinging at a 3-2 pitch out of the strike zone and fanned pinch-hitter Matt Diaz looking. Mike Adams worked the eighth and Jonathan Papelbon finished for his fifth save in five tries. "Hes pitched real good," manager Charlie Manuel said of Pettibone. "I like that he can take his fastball and hit both sides of the plate with it." Howard led off the bottom of the second by lining one out to right for his fifth homer and second in two nights. Two outs later, Carlos Ruiz singled and stole second base. He scored on Ben Reveres single to right for a 2-0 lead. Utley connected in the third, putting a short, compact swing on a low fastball and driving it out to right for his sixth homer to make it 3-0. One batter later, Howard ripped a ball into the right-field corner but was thrown out on a headfirst slide trying to stretch the double into a triple. The slow-footed slugger hasnt hit a triple since April 22, 2011. Solano hit his first homer of the season out to left-centre leading off the fourth to cut it to 3-1. Brown drove a shot off the right-field foul pole for a 4-1 lead in the bottom half. Brown has homered on consecutive nights and has five this season. "I think Im a little more aggressive now," Brown said. "Im just trying to square balls up and keep it going." Notes: Utleys homer was his 205th, moving him into eighth place on the franchises all-time list. ... Nolasco fell to 8-6 vs. the Phillies. .. Jose Fernandez (0-2, 4.50) faces Hamels (1-3, 4.78) on Saturday night. Ryan Pickett Jersey . Neil headed to the dressing room in Game 3 and didnt return after a hit from Pittsburghs Brooks Orpik. The Penguins blueliner made contact as Neil lost his balance on his shift. "I was going down and I was in a vulnerable position and he gave me an extra shove, which I picked up speed going into the boards," Neil explained on Tuesday. Clay Matthews autographed Jersey .C. – Completely engulfed by the thunderous red of Alex Ovechkin and company, the Toronto Maple Leafs had no answers in the U. http://www.footballpackersteamshop.com/ ... sk-24.html . The end of this mess of a season for the Minnesota Twins still mattered to the veteran right-hander, who wanted no part of 100 losses. Brad Jones Jersey . -- Anthony Rizzo grounded out to first base in each of his first four plate appearances. Sam Shields Womens Jersey .A. Dickey has a non-displaced fracture in his left foot. According to various reports out of New York, dArnaud took a foul ball off his foot in the sixth inning of Wednesdays game in Las Vegas, where he plays for the Mets Triple-A affiliate, the 51s. BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- The underdog of soccer underdogs, D.C. United, has advanced to the U.S. Open Cup Final. Uniteds 2-0 victory over the Chicago Fire in Wednesdays semifinal accomplished that despite the worst record in Major League Soccer. D.C. scored its fourth win of the tournament. It has three victories in MLS competition this season, along with 15 losses and four ties, but its unbeaten in the U.S. Soccer Federations all-comers tournament. United will visit Real Salt Lake in the final on Oct. 1. The outcome made up for a 4-1 loss to Chicago in MLS play on the same field on July 20. The Fire outclassed D.C. from start to finish. "It was a spanking," said United forward Dwayne De Rosario. "It was tough even to watch." De Rosario was absent for that game, recovering from an adductor strain. Fully healed, he came back to action last week, and scored the first of Uniteds two goals Wednesday. "I wanted to set the tone," De Rosario said. He did, pouncing on a ball goalkeeper Sean Johnson bobbled, taking two steps to the left, and booting it home from 4 yards in the 44th minute. Then came Nick DeLeon, Uniteds other threat, and also injured until recently. He scored in the 48th minute, ripping a low 13-yard shot to Johnsons left after slaloming through a pair of defenders. D.C.s Joe Willis made six saves. "t;The last two games, weve looked like a team," United coach Ben Olsen said.dddddddddddd. "Weve been able to understand this is extremely important. Our best shot at a trophy is in the Open Cup." The Fire pushed hard in the last 20 minutes, but failed to score. Willis made a difficult save on Alex in the 76th minute, then watched Austin Berrys deflected shot carom off the goal post a minute later. In the first 27 minutes, Willis solved Chris Rolfe and Alex, after which Uniteds midfield began to take command. But the goals were still stunners. "They got a little bit of fortune tonight," Fire midfielder Jeff Larentowicz said. "They score (the first goal) on a mistake, and after their second, I dont know how we dont score." For United, playing for a championship in a dismal season is heartening. "Its coming together a little late, but it feels good," DeLeon said. "Three wins (in MLS), but were playing for a championship nonetheless. "You get rewarded sometimes." Neither Chicago nor D.C. United is above .500 in MLS competition, but advanced to the U.S. Open Cup semifinals by beating a combination of MLS and lower-level professional squads. United had beaten Richmond of the USL Pro circuit, and MLS foes Philadelphia and New England, to earn the right to play Chicago. ' ' '
kaisy

Return to StageAgent.com Announcements