StageAgent.com Home |

Best Musical Theatre Colleges??

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Best Musical Theatre Colleges??

Postby lilmissdaae on Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:10 pm

Hey all!!! I am fourteen, but I am ambitious and already looking into college :) Many of you seem to be very knowledgeable as I've looked around the forum, could any of you could cue me into what some of the best musical theatre colleges are, that prepare an actress for professional theatres? Musical theatre is my passion, dream, and what I want to be my major, so if any of you could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful!! Also, I am young and this is where I am heading, so I'll take any advice I can get from any of you more experienced ones :) Thanks bunches!!!

lilmissdaae

Wenn ich tanzen will, Dan tanz ich so wie's mir gefllt... -Elisabeth the musical
lilmissdaae

Re: Best Musical Theatre Colleges??

Postby beeshaw on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:29 pm

University of MIchigan has a great musical theatre program.
i know this cause i live in michigan but look online at colleges in your state and look at there music and theatre programs.
beeshaw

Re: Best Musical Theatre Colleges??

Postby missglinda on Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:03 pm

Dear lilmissdaae, (cute s/n btw!)

I am a Musical Theatre major at East Carolina University in North Carolina, and I love it. Musical Theatre has been my passion since I could sing and talk and this school will definitely help you with where you want to go. My biggest suggestion to you would be to do some classical singing too. (I am a double major in Musical Theatre and Classical Voice) Classical training will help you use your voice better and keep it longer! Now don't get me wrong, I love to sing loud and belt, but learning how to do it right is the most important thing, or your stage career will be very short! (Kristin Chenoweth is classically trained and almost 40 years old, and her career is far from over) If this is what you want to do, I definitely suggest ECU! My voice teacher has been extremely helpful in setting me up with auditions for summer programs and internships and I'm only a sophomore! With the right instructor, ECU took me from good to great!

~MissGlinda
missglinda

Return to Advice