StageAgent.com Home |

Thenardier Audition

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Thenardier Audition

Postby jbuns on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Hello, I just found out about an upcoming audition for Les Miz school edition, i think i want to go for Thenardier because i am more of a character actor. I was thinking i would sing the ballad of mack the knife from the threepenny opera , does that sound like a good idea, does anyone have any suggestions? they would be much appreciated! thank you!
jbuns

Re: Thenardier Audition

Postby SweeneyMatt on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:00 am

If you acctualy know the song master of the house that would be good it's a very good song and since that acctually is one of thenardier's songs that might put you in a good position to get the part. Or Reveiwing the situation from oliver or any fagin song from oliver really fagin is fairly simular to Thenardier
SweeneyMatt

Re: Thenardier Audition

Postby jandanzer on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:35 am

A song that is very similar in style/vocal range is "The American Dream" from Miss Saigon sung by The Engineer.
The character of the Engineer has the same "oily" quality as Thernadier (you know the type-makes you want to take a shower after you meet them) and also has a comic element to it as well (as does Thernardier's song "Master of the House.")
jandanzer

Return to Advice