StageAgent.com Home |

Help With Audition Song!!!

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Help With Audition Song!!!

Postby Carly on Wed May 27, 2009 3:15 pm

I am having a hard time finding a good audition song for the role of Little Red Riding Hood in Into the Woods. I can't quite seem to grasp the concept of her personality which makes it hard to choose a song. My voice teacher has suggested these songs:
Home from Beauty and the Beast
Johnny One Note from Babes in Arms
I've Never Been In Love Before from Guys and Dolls
I Can Hear The Bells from Hairspray
I like these songs, but they don't seem to fit somehow. If you could help me find a good song, that would really help! If it helps, I'm 11 and I am either a mezzo... well, I'm not sure what i am, actually! I can post videos on YouTube of me singing if that would help to choose a song. But, I NEED to get this audition perfect because I will be one of the youngest people auditioning!
Thanks a Million! C ;) rly
Carly

Re: Help With Audition Song!!!

Postby ktkluvsbway on Thu May 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey Carly
I know how you feel, I had the toughest time trying to find a song for Little Red's audition
I ended up going with 'My Friend, the Dictionary' from 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' about two years ago when I was 15, and I got cast as Little Red
Hopefully this helps. The song isn't the best to show of your range, but it does show off your comedic side and is Little Red-ish

Break a leg at your audition!!!
-Katie
ktkluvsbway

Return to Advice