StageAgent.com Home |

musical theatre expertise neeeded

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

musical theatre expertise neeeded

Postby peachbeach92 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:48 pm

i need to find a musical with only 2 strong boys and at least 3 strong girls, help!!
peachbeach92

Re: musical theatre expertise neeeded

Postby Annie on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:00 pm

What age group are you working with? How large of a cast size are you looking at? Are these people strong vocally as well as acting and dancing ability?

The first show that popped into my head may not be appropriate for your needs but it was Chicago: 2 men-Billy Flynn, Amos Hart; 3 women- Roxie Hart, Velma Kelly and Mama Morton.

I'll let you know what else I can come up with.

~Annie
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby peachbeach92 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:25 am

Sorry for being brief. Our cast has an age range from 8-18. We have a cast of about 35. All of the cast is very capible and talented. Most have dance vocal and theatre training. The only problem with Chicago is I don't feel that it is appropriate for some of our younger cast members and also there aren't that many younger roles. Our two strong males are 15 and 16. Both of our leading laddies are 16. I am looking for a show with many featured female parts and also with some parts for our younger children. The only idea I have so far is Seussical. Thanks again for your help.
peachbeach92

Postby Annie on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:53 am

I was merely trying to accommodate the two boys and three girls aspect. I had a pretty good feeling that Chicago wouldn't work other than in that respect. I think Seussical is a great choice. When I did that show we had over 50 people in it, which on stage at times seemed like too many, however over 200 auditioned, so they tried to keep as many as possible. The great thing is that the Cat in the Hat can be either male or female, plus I've seen companies use a girl for JoJo. We also had 3 male and 3 female Wickershams. So many roles are doubled/tripled so it keeps everyone busy. I was a who/fish/and skater/juggler. I almost always had something to do. SO if you want a show that keeps everyone busy this is it :D

There are always staple shows like The Wizard of Oz, The Music Man, Bye Bye Birdie, & pretty much any Rodgers and Hammerstein show is kid friendly.

Have fun picking a show!

~Annie
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby somuchtodo on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:26 am

http://www.musicaltheatreaudition.com/j ... /Itemid,1/

This link should be helpful. Under Shows - it lists all characters, with descriptions.
Good luck!
somuchtodo

Postby johnvaljean on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:55 pm

i know this is late, but i recently saw a childrens theatre do les mis. 2 male leads- jean val jean and marius, and 3 female- cosette, eponine, and fantine. there are plenty of oppertunities for the little ones to be show cased in ensemble and even some character parts for the non-singers
johnvaljean

Return to Advice