StageAgent.com Home |

School Musicals

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Re: School Musicals

Postby Scottyb2332 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:36 pm

My school just did Anything Goes this year. I played Billy. It was really fun. We did the version with Bonnie and I think that one is much better the the other version. Also... any comments on these shows:

Pippin
The Wiz
Thouroughly Modern Millie

If you could post back with your comments that would be great

-Scott
Scottyb2332

Postby dazeddreamer88 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:14 pm

Into the Woods is perfect if you want lots of great roles, but it doesn't have a chorus (though I've seen school productions where one has been added). R/H Cinderella is a truly delightful show with lots of parts (especially for girls, which is good for shows) and a fun chorus with lots of SATB singing.
dazeddreamer88

Postby Phantom997 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:55 pm

About Anything Goes: Elisha Whitney needs a British accent, but that's about it.
Phantom997

Postby Phantom997 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Okay, I goofed. It's Evelyn Oakleigh who needs the accent, not Elisha Whitney. The Phantom apologizes...
Phantom997

Postby neurodoc1012 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:27 pm

This could be a bit late, but Once Upon A Mattress could be a great school musical. We did it this past year and it's definately not a kid's musical if you have the regular version, there's also a school version but that's not as much fun (i.e. no pregnant, non-married women running around} It was a lot of fun but we had to cut a lot of the parts and still double up on roles since we had about 10 people in theatre this year. I myself had to play one role and then change while running across the back of the stage behind the backdrop to come out on the stage in time for the big musical number. I had roughly 12 seconds.
neurodoc1012

Previous

Return to Advice