StageAgent.com Home |

Trying to start up! Advice??

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Trying to start up! Advice??

Postby Ribb0ns on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:27 pm

My name's Savannah and i'm 18. I just graduated high School and want to start auditioning. What should I do? I've heard a few things, but want to see if they're good ideas or not. What do you think:

Send in a sample Audio CD or work to surrounding Studios
Make and publicize Youtube videos of singing and acting
Join Community Theater as a volunteer, then later audition
Join an arts studio
Study at a Conservatory (Opera)
Get an Agent to help with Auditions
Sing downtown (Streets, parks)
Join an arts organization
Audition for Bars and night music entertainment
Audition for Americas got Talent and/or American Idol

This is what i've been told to try, but I'm so confused! Anyone have any advice or have tried one of the above and can give me a clear picture of what i'm getting into?? I want to sing and I also want to voice act. Thank you so much! :)
Ribb0ns

Re: Trying to start up! Advice??

Postby Tom Smith on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Auditioning is a process you should master a habit of today. Before you even begin auditioning you should figure out the medium you want to work in. As an actor there are so many places of employment available doing a range of many different types of roles.
Best of luck
Tom Smith

Re: Trying to start up! Advice??

Postby Tommy Brown on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 am

Acting is playing and it is fun. An audition is just another chance to play and have fun. Also Practice until you have it memorized perfectly, then try an 'audition' infront of a small group, this will help you and when the real audition comes just imagine that you're performing it infront of the same small group...
Tommy Brown

Return to Advice