StageAgent.com Home |

Vocal range issues...

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Vocal range issues...

Postby jessijane456 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:36 pm

I'm a twelve year old girl and my voice is constantly changing. It's not that I don't have a good voice, it's that I sometimes can't sing the same notes two days in a row (such as one day I'll be singing, "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera, and the next day I'll transition to, "Listen" from Dreamgirls). And I can't sing the song I was singing before.
I'm always trying out for musicals, but I never know what to put on my resume, when I'm a soprano one day, an alto the next, and even a belt the next. I always thought a second soprano or mezzo would be the safest thing to say, but what if I even have trouble with that one day?
Also, what auditon songs would be good for this situation?

I know these are tough questions to answer, but thanks in advance to anyone who can! :)
jessijane456

Re: Vocal range issues...

Postby oper on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:11 pm

The voice is not fully developed until about thirty years old. The best advice anyone can give you right now is to get a vice teacher with whom you can study with every week. The issue may only be technical; however, it is best that you study with someone who can help you understand how the voice works properly. Good luck!
oper

Re: Vocal range issues...

Postby Tom Smith on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Yes, the vocal range is natural problem, don't worry about it. Practice with songs that are in a higher pitch and some that are lower. Listening is a key factor when playing any type of instrument, including your voice. The more you listen, the more it helps your voice to become in tune with songs and singing in general.
Tom Smith

Return to Advice