StageAgent.com Home |

Audition Songs

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Audition Songs

Postby ashleygroves on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:29 pm

hello!
ok..I am not much of a singer, but I do it. I am a soprano, but I can also sing alto if I need to.

I am auditioning for Frog and Toad AND A Christmas Carol in two weeks. Different songs would be nice, but for Frog and Toad I would like a childrens song from a tya musical. For CC the director wants more of a classical song.

PLEASE help, to be honest I am more of a actress and dancer than a singer, but this year I really want to step up my game so I can be a well known singer at my school!

thanks!
ashleygroves

Re: Audition Songs

Postby BreannaBaker.com on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:14 am

Choose a song you are comfortable with, and that shows off your range the most. If you pick some crazy hard song you just learned, it wont sound very good. But if you pick something you sing every day in the shower or in the car, you will sound much better! =D Another tip is to never sing something too common, like the national anthem, or something the person you auditioned for wrote.... because they will notice your mistakes all too well. The biggest mistake of all, is letting your mistakes show. If you don't advertise your mistakes, they may not be noticed. ;)
BreannaBaker.com

Return to Advice