StageAgent.com Home |

Community Development for hill tribes and children, CHIANG R

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Community Development for hill tribes and children, CHIANG R

Postby albanobrito on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:30 pm

This project originated as a study tour focused on the natural environment, cultures and traditions of the local communities in various Hill Tribe villages in the northern part of Thailand. The study tour was considered an eye-opening experience as it provided opportunities for its participants to learn about crucial aspects of existing problems that have been widespread among many Hill Tribe villages in northern Thailand. For various reasons in northern Thailand, there is a struggle to have enough land for all the people’s needs, for forest protection, and for security; this has brought the Hill Tribes quickly into contact with modern life and has forever changed their situation whilst making some of their traditional practices impossible to continue.

There are now between 25-26 children living at the Mae Kok Foundation ranging from 4-18 years old.
The current Volunteer Project and activities are part of a joint effort between ISV Foundation Thailand and the Mae Kok Foundation. The ultimate goal is to improve the life of underprivileged Hill Tribe children by providing housing, food, education and other vocational training activities. These training activities include improving agricultural knowledge and working skills in the areas of vegetable gardening, welding, building and embroidery, as a way to provide the children with better opportunities for their future dependence.
albanobrito

Re: Community Development for hill tribes and children, CHIANG R

Postby elvina on Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Next time pay the 6 bucks a month for insurance and it would only cost you 130. Trust me i learned the hard way to........$500 BB hit the highway at 100MPH off my bike best believe i keep insuranc eon all my phones after that.

infocera-infocera.blogspot.com
elvina

Return to Advice