StageAgent.com Home |

Footloose Audition Song

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Footloose Audition Song

Postby BroadwayBound520 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:42 am

I'm a female teenager auditioning for a production of "Footloose." I'm pretty much a mezzo-soprano, what should my audition song be??
BroadwayBound520

Re: Footloose Audition Song

Postby xoDougie on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm actually in the same boat, my school is doing Footloose this year, and the role for Ariel has already been casted. I'm looking at the part of Rusty, and I'm mezzo-soprano as well ^_^. So if you have advice for either of us that would be wonderous. =D
xoDougie

Postby BroadwayBound520 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:09 pm

I'm considering "My New Philosophy" from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown or There are Worse Things I Could Do" from Grease. The problem is, the director worked with a major production of Grease a couple months ago. But "Philosophy" is mostly dialogue.
BroadwayBound520

Postby Annie on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:31 pm

I don't think that either song fits for Footloose, but of the two I'd choose the song from Grease! Do you know any uptempo, fun, pop numbers that you can belt? I can't think of anything in particular, but that's the style I would lean towards for this show.
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby BroadwayBound520 on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:31 pm

I actually decided on "My Strongest Suit" from Aida, I can belt it really well. I just need to rehearse with a pianist.
BroadwayBound520

Postby Annie on Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 pm

That's a great selection! For some reason I never think of Aida! Break a leg at your auditions :)
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Return to Advice