StageAgent.com Home |

Callback question

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

Callback question

Postby singingisbreathing on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but if you don't get a callback, does that mean you still have a chance of being in a show? I usually GET callbacks, so I'm just wondering if there's a chance I could be in ensemble or something. Aren't callbacks for main parts? Again, sorry for sounding so ignorant :oops:
singingisbreathing

Re: Callback question

Postby Annie on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Yes, callbacks are generally just for leads. However, I once had one just for seeing who could dance because they didn't have us dance at the first audition.

Usually if the director/s know that they want you at least in the ensemble, but you don't fit a lead, they will not call you in again. If they don't call you and aren't posting a cast list you could always call to double check whether or not you made ensemble.

I say that because my first time out I had a callback, but I didn't receive a call for ensemble because they left a message on someone else's answering machine by mistake! Thankfully at the callbacks the director told us that we all would at least be in the chorus, or I would have missed out on being part of a great production.
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Re: Callback question

Postby singingisbreathing on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:44 pm

Thanks!
singingisbreathing

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A