StageAgent.com Home |

Godspell Audition

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

Godspell Audition

Postby thespianequestrian on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Hey!

Auditions for my school's production of Godspell are coming up, and I want to find a good song. I would like to play Sonia, but of course would be thrilled with any part. Can someone suggest a good song? I'm a mezzo soprano. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, songs that have worked well for them, whatever. =]

ALSO- I will soon be auditioning for productions of Oklahoma and Aida. If you can throw in suggestions for those shows, I will forever be in your debt!

Thanks!
thespianequestrian

Re: Godspell Audition

Postby Phantom997 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:37 am

I hate to say it, but since you're a mezzo-soprano, you probably won't play Sonia. My suggestion is to sing "Learn Your Lessons Well" for your audition if you're supposed to sing something from the show. Another good song is "By My Side" If you're a mezzo, you're probably suited to play Gilmer, Peggy, or maybe Robin
Phantom997

Postby Phantom997 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:07 am

Whoever's reading this must totally disregard my first post (I've never had a real audition. The Phantom apologizes...) Anyway, if you want to be Sonia, a good audition song would be something along the lines of "Whatever Lola Wants" from Damn Yankees. It fits the character well. I hope this helps!
Phantom997

Postby thespianequestrian on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:22 pm

SCORE. In an update, I totally got Sonia, lol...they just had us audition with songs from the show. I did Turn Back O Man.
thespianequestrian

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A