StageAgent.com Home |

Alice in Wonderland

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

Alice in Wonderland

Postby SingDanceRunLife on Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:10 am

My high school is doing Alice in Wonderland as the play this year, and I really want to audition!

Usually, I wouldn't do the play, I'm more of a musical theater type of person, but this is special because I love the story of Alice in Wonderland, and, it was the first real play that I ever did (and I was Alice, so if I could be Alice again, that would be absolutely amazing)!

So...I need to know, what would be a good monologue to audition with.

As I said, the part that I want most is Alice...Would this monologue be a good choice for that? It seems like it would because the situation is very similar:

Character Name: Dorothy Gale
Age Range: 12-19
Duration: 0-1 minutes
Monologue Type: Dramatic
Show: The Wizard of Oz (RSC version)

But it wasn't a dream. It was a place. And you and you and you...and you were there. But you couldn't have been could you? No, Aunt Em, this was a real truly live place and I remember some of it wasn't very nice, but most of it was beautiful--but just the same all I kept saying to everybody was "I want to go home," and they sent me home! Doesn't anybody believe me? But anyway, Toto, we're home! Home. And this is my room, and you're all here and I'm not going to leave here ever, ever again. Because I love you all. And... Oh Auntie Em! There's no place like home!

Other parts that would be really cool to have would be The Queen of Hearts and the Cheshire Cat.
SingDanceRunLife

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A