StageAgent.com Home |

OUAM Audition

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

OUAM Audition

Postby Annie on Wed May 09, 2007 5:19 pm

I might be auditioning next month for Winnifred and I was debating between the songs "Stepsister's Lament" from Cinderella and "Honey Bun" from South Pacific.

Which one seems like the better pick? I can sing both songs well and I can easily act and have fun with either.

~Annie
Last edited by Annie on Mon May 14, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Re: OUAM Audition

Postby Nation on Thu May 10, 2007 7:36 am

Those both are pretty good choices. I'd probably go with Honey Bun. The Stepsisters' Lamet is a little too snotty and bratty for Winnifred. On the other hand, Honey Bun is just a fun song, which is totally what Winnifred is: fun.
I just did OUAM last year, and I was Winnifred. I sang Taylor the Latte Boy for my audition, and when they called me back to sing something else, I sang Cock-Eyed Optimist.
My advice whatever you pick is that it's kind of a loud song and that you have a lot of fun with it.

Break a leg!! Very Happy
Love Is Rare.
Life Is Strange.
Nothing Lasts.
People Change.

Song of the week:
The Movie in My Mind--Miss Saigon
Nation

Postby Christina on Sat May 12, 2007 10:39 am

Neither are extrordinary.
But between the two, Stepsisters Lament.
Christina

Postby TheaterForLife89 on Mon May 14, 2007 3:08 pm

What's funny is that the college I'm going to this fall is doing that same show and I'm auditioning for both Winnifred and Aggravaine(sp?). I'd like some advice on a song for those roles, too. If you want to help, my vocal range is on the introductions board.

Out of the two songs, I only know Stepsister's Lament. I agree with Nation, though, that it's kind of bratty for Winnifred.
Favorite Roles Played:
Multiple Characters- Cinderella
Multiple Characters-A Tale Of Two Cities
Multiple Characters- Les Miserables
Starkey- Peter Pan
Older Wendy- Peter Pan
Marmee- Little Women
Lady Lucille- Once Upon A Mattress
TheaterForLife89

Postby Annie on Mon May 14, 2007 4:11 pm

Other suggestions I have heard are "I Have Confidence" from the film version of Sound of Music and "Amazing Mayzie" from someone who knows that I have Seussical the Musical tracks. (This is a tracks only audition.)

Anyway, if I actually audition, I plan to use Honey Bun because it was recommended by a source I highly respect and trust the opinion of.

~Annie
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby Nation on Tue May 15, 2007 7:40 am

Good choice with Honey Bun.
I Have Confidence might work, but I wouldn't go with Amazing Mayzie. The character Mayzie is big and outgoing like Winnfired, but she's a lot less modest and shy. (hahah yeah Winnifred's shy.. Wink )
If you're going for Aggravaine, maybe you could try Stepsisters' Lamet, because Aggravaine is bratty in that respect. Another one that might be good would be How Lovely to be a Women from Bye Bye Birdie.
I know Kim and Aggravaine are completely different characters, but that's kind of a vain song and Aggravaine is deffinately vain.
Hope it helps! Very Happy
Love Is Rare.
Life Is Strange.
Nothing Lasts.
People Change.

Song of the week:
The Movie in My Mind--Miss Saigon
Nation

Postby Glissando on Sun May 20, 2007 1:47 pm

Nation wrote:. I sang Taylor the Latte Boy for my audition, and when they called me back to sing something else, I sang Cock-Eyed Optimist.

Both those songs are amazing.
Glissando+aboutface=musical theatre love

I may be small/But I've got giant plans/to shine as brightly as the sun.... "Astonishing" from Little Women

Glissando

Postby Christina on Fri May 25, 2007 6:09 pm

Nation wrote:.
I just did OUAM last year, and I was Winnifred. I sang Taylor the Latte Boy for my audition,

We have a winner!
Christina

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A