StageAgent.com Home |

"Joseph..." Childrens Chorus

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

"Joseph..." Childrens Chorus

Postby Madeleine on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:38 pm

I recently got into my school's productions of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in the Childrens Chorus (That was all freshmen could do).
The parts are given out in late June, but rehearsals dont start until September. My role is very small, but I was just wondering if there was anything
I could do over the summer months, so that when I get back I can really "wow" the director?
Madeleine

Re: "Joseph..." Childrens Chorus

Postby Annie on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 am

Do you get your music in June? Do you have an instructor to work with? If so then work on getting your words and notes memorized, annunciation, and sing out. The more you work on it the more confident you should be which will help you stand out. Since you're in a chorus you'll still have to blend, but showing them that you have the ability to sing out will let them know that they can place you in a strong singing role in future productions. Plus try to work on dynamics. You don't want to get too comfortable though, your MD may want different things other than what they might be doing on the soundtrack, or have written on the page. Also make sure you look like you're enjoying what you are doing, or are at least paying attention and acting appropriately.

Best wishes! Have fun, that show is great! (I've done it three times!)

~Annie
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Re: "Joseph..." Childrens Chorus

Postby ktkluvsbway on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:21 am

hold on a second..children's chorus was the only role freshmen could get?!?! that's awful. I hate when schools assume that freshmen aren't good enough for large parts. I mean, yea, seniors should be first in line for leading roles....but...still....

but, yea, I'm in Joseph right now, and all I can say is please just don't be obnoxious. or sing louder than all the other kids, trying to show that you are the best. and just really get to know the music. know when to sing and when to shut up.

some of our kids don't quite comprehend that :) (but they're still so darn cute!)

good luck with it, though!

and have fun! :D
ktkluvsbway

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A