StageAgent.com Home |

Into the Woods

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

Into the Woods

Postby ktkluvsbway on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 am

Hey, I'm going to be auditioning for Into the Woods, and I'm trying out for Little Red Ridinghood (I'm 15). Into the Woods is one of my all-time favorite shows, but I can't for the life of me decide on what I should use for an audition song.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)
ktkluvsbway

Re: Into the Woods

Postby lilmissdaae on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm

I know it may seem like a young song, but Little Red is younger role, so maybe a song like Tomorrow, from Annie? Anyway, good luck, Into the Woods will be a fun production! Hope you make it!
lilmissdaae

Postby Shiksa_Goddess on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:43 am

No, I would honestly stay away from "Tomorrow". It is really over done, and some find it annoying. For Little Red I would reccomend doing "My Philosophy" from You're A Good Man Charlie Brown.
Shiksa_Goddess

Postby black2family on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:03 am

Wow, it's nice to find this site. My daughter is also hoping for Little Red Riding Hood and is searching for the right audition song. She is 14, soprano. She looks younger, but sounds older, pretty full voiced. The youth theater group (ages 14-20 yr)she is audition with do not like them to do songs from the current show or the current season. Since they are doing Annie and Charlie Brown this year, the ones already suggested won't work. Please, any others? How do you choose and find songs?
black2family

Postby ktkluvsbway on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks for all the help, everyone!
I know it's been a while since I asked for help on the audition, but I did end up getting cast as Little Red :)
The audition song I used was 'My Friend, The Dictionary', by the way, from the musical 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee'
ktkluvsbway

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A