StageAgent.com Home |

Introduce Yourself!

Introduce yourself to the StageAgent community.

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby SomedayBroadway on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:17 pm

Your first name: Katie
Your country of origin: USA
Performer, producer or fan: All of the above, but most of all performer. I'm currently working on producing (and possibly being in) The Rocky Horror Show
Favorite show: hmm, so hard to choose. I went through a stage where I listened to nothing but Wicked. I also went through a nothing but Rent phase. Nothing but high school musical (dear god). Nothing but A Chorus Line. Right now its a mixture of Little Shop, Songs for a New World, Dido and Aeneas, Urinetown, Spring Awakening, and The Threepenny Opera.
Least Favorite Show: probably Mamma Mia.
Favorite role you've played: Winnifred in "Once Upon A Mattress", Lucy in "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown", 2nd Witch in "Dido & Aeneas" (my first opera!)
Your dream role: Well, I had a literal dream a few months ago that I was being cast as Maria in "West Side Story", but.... Elphaba in "Wicked", Audrey in "Little Shop", Rosa Bud in "Mystery of Edwin Drood", Christine in "Phantom"
How you became interested in theatre: the night when I was seven when I saw my first musical, Phantom of the Opera. It wasn't untill years later when I was onstage for the first time that I realized what that night did for me.
Your vocal range/part: Alto/Mezzo Belt, and Soprano, depending on my mood or song. It's good to be versatile.
Other interests: Circus (Aerial Silks), Poetry, and Fashion Design
Upcoming Shows: Little Shop of Horrors, Tommy, The Rocky Horror Show, and West Side Story
SomedayBroadway

Postby huskergirl on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi! My name is Leah and I am currently a musical director for a large high school in the Heartland! In my dreams I would not be teaching choral music, but rather performing. However that is not where life has led me. Instead I try to stay active in community theater when my job allows. My favorite show is The Producers and I am currently dying to see Wicked (hopefully soon) I have always been cast as a sweet, innocent woman and would love to play someone with a darker side (like Elphaba!) My favorite role I've ever played was Amalia Balash in She Loves Me. I joined this forum to get some "professional" opinions as I try to choose my musical each year based on what I have to work with. Sometimes I don't think of a musical that just might be perfect and someone has to bring it to my attention, so I hope I can get some of that from this forum. Nice to "meet" you all! :D
huskergirl

Postby phewie on Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey everyone! I'm Paige. I live in canada, and am in the Intregrated arts program (I major in drama) at my school, PCVS! I am both a preformer and a fan! My favourite shows are RENT, Wicked, and Spring Awakening. My least favourite show is one that I despise immensle! Wind in the Willows! uuuuggggghhhhh!(ew!) My dream role would probably have to be Maureen in RENT. I`ve been interested in theatre since i did my first play (Annie) in grade 5. I am an Alto- belt, and am also interested in music!

Talk to you guys later!
Paige :D
phewie

Postby sflove on Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Your first name: trish
Performer, producer or fan: Performer and Fan
Favorite show: falsettos
Least Favorite Show: high school musical
Favorite role you've played: ado annie- oklahoma
Your dream role: audrey-little shop
How you became interested in theatre: i dont remember, ive always been a musical theater dork.
Your vocal range/part: alto
sflove

Postby julia820 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:07 am

Hi all,

I was just turned on to this group by a friend. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Your first name: Julia
Your country of origin: United States
Occupation: Marketing Coordinator, but former professional actress
Performer, producer or fan: Performer and producer
Favorite show: Right now, it's Jekyll & Hyde - because I'm getting ready to direct it!
Least Favorite Show: The Sound of "Mucus"
Favorite role you've played: Eddie and Dr. Scott in "The Rocky Horror Show" or Carlotta in "Phantom"
Your dream role: Hildy in "On the Town" or Rita in "Lucky Stiff"
How you became interested in theatre: saw the movie of "Annie" as a kid (I know...) and wanted to play - of all characters - Molly
Your vocal range/part: Mezzo with a strong belt and a nice upper range
Other interests? community service, computer science
julia820

Postby lilmissdaae on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Your first name: Kayla
Performer, producer or fan: performer and fan!
Favorite show: Les Miserables (John Owen-Jones and Philip Quast are my heroes!) :D
Least Favorite Show: HSM (yuk)
Favorite role you've played: Mother in Jack and the Beanstalk (Prairie Fire Children's Theatre, if anyone has heard of it!)
Your dream role: Fantine (Les Mis), Christine (POTO), Eva (Evita) (I know, all very different characters)
How you became interested in theatre: I decided to try something new and try out for a musical at my church... I had the smallest part in the world but I loved it and have been performing ever since!
Your vocal range/part: alto-soprano (most comfortable in higher range, but low notes are so fun!)
Other interests? reading (classics), music in general, even opera! O.o
lilmissdaae

Postby Christina on Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:09 am

Glissando wrote:Vocal Range/Part: Contralto, Alto, Mezzo Soprano, Soprano, Belter (Seriously. I have, like, almost 3 octaves.)

Might I point out that its not the notes that you can vocalize (because I have over 3 octaves), but its the quality of your voice. A mezzo might have a fantastic High D, and a soprano might have a great low F. Its the tambre and tone you should look for.
Christina

Postby SomedayBroadway on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:29 am

julia820 wrote:Rita in "Lucky Stiff"

I was just in Lucky Stiff, I was the Drunk Maid. But seriously, i'm obsessed with that show. It's amazing! I don't why no one knows it, it's the best show i've ever been in.
Since being in it, my dream role has become Annabel Glick in Lucky Stiff =D
SomedayBroadway

Postby sandc411 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:15 pm

my first name is Carlos.
i'm basically a "stage father" with a performing daughter and wife.
i "look" after them.
my daughter has an incredible singing voice and would like to be a professional actress.
my wife is a comedic talent who has a not-to-be-missed stage presence.
sandc411

Postby Godzilla on Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:39 pm

Your first name: Paula
Your country of origin:USA
Performer, producer or fan: All
Favorite show: My Fair Lady
Least Favorite Show: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Favorite role you've played: Eliza
Your dream role: age changes this goal...currently: Mother in 'Night, Mother and Mama Rose in Gypsy
How you became interested in theatre: bitten in high school
Your vocal range/part:mezzo
Other interests? There's something besides theatre?!
Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions