StageAgent.com Home |

**HONK!**

Discuss all your favorite musicals.

**HONK!**

Postby bimmy55 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi!

I wonder if any of you know the vocal range of the cat in this show and if he/she has a french accent?

thanks! :D
bimmy55

Re: **HONK!**

Postby MyStrongestSuit on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:14 pm

Hello! :D

I had a glorious time doing this show about 5 years ago. I played Ugly's snotty duckling sibling Downy. It was like my first principle ever.

Anyways, the cat is an amazing part. I think generally it is played by a boy. I've never heard of it played by a girl. And in my show he spoke with a french accent.

As for his vocal range, I think you can check the show out on this site, and it will say his vocal range.

Hope i helpd :)
MyStrongestSuit

Postby bimmy55 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Thank you so much! you really did help!

if anyone else know if the cat usually has a french accent let me know!

also it says on this website that the cat is a baritone but i think he actually has to eat high a's...so maybe mor elike a tenor?

thanks!
bimmy55

Postby actressbabe0225 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:15 pm

I absolutely love this show.

We did it at my community theater a few summers ago, although we did it with 3rd-8th graders. I worked on the show, I wasn't in it.

In our version both cats were played by girls (we double casted).

Best of luck!
--Jess <3

Current Roles: Stage Manager (Bye Bye Birdie)
Recently Roles: Stepmother (Into the Woods), Bonnie Boylan (Annie), Mrs. Bedwin (Oliver)
actressbabe0225

Postby Dancergirl on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:59 am

I saw the show about two years ago and the cat was played by a boy with a french accent. He was more of a character style singer in ours.
Dancergirl

Postby mikitheactor on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:08 am

I would say it's probably not necessary for the Cat to have a French accent - there's no mention of him actually being French (but doesn't it make for a great stereotypical villan? :)) When I did the show our Cat did NOT have a French accent...he was fabulous!
mikitheactor

Postby Bad Alto on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:23 pm

The Cat was played by a baritone when we used Honk! for Summerstock. I think generally he has a French accent, but it's not a requirement.
Bad Alto

Return to Musicals