StageAgent.com Home |

need teen girl monologue from published play!!

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

need teen girl monologue from published play!!

Postby Actresschick on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:09 am

I am helping 4 teenaged girls with their auditions for a high school magnet program. The program requires them to perform a 1 1/2 to 2 minute monologue from a published play. Most of the ones i have found are too short, and they don't want to do Shakespeare.

Does anyone have a way to find obscure, good monologues for them? Two can play an age-range of 10 - 16, and 2 could do probably 12 - 20.

I'm getting desperate!!!
Actresschick

Re: need teen girl monologue from published play!!

Postby broadwaybound on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:24 pm

I am performing a monologue from "Extremities" by William Mastrosimone right now. The whole play is kind of racy, because it deals with rape, but there are a few great sections from Marjorie, Patricia or Terry that can be spliced together. Also from "Birds of Prey" by Jim Grimsley there is a great monologue by Marie (14). Also there is some great stuff in "Keely and Du." You might also want to look into "The Rainmaker," "Lost in Yonkers," and "The Star Spangled Girl." I know those all have some great monologues. I also performed a great one from "Eleemosynary" by Lee Blessing which could be great for a young girl. I would recommend also looking up monologues on the internet. There are many sites which give monologues that are from plays. Good Luck! Let me know if I can be of any more help- I will try to see if I can think of any more.
-I'll give her this much, she doesn't give a twig about what other people think!
-No, she does, she just pretends not to.
-Fiyero and Galinda, Wicked

why try to fit in when you are born to stand out?

*SHINE*
broadwaybound

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A