StageAgent.com Home |

adition song for chitty

Need help with the big audition? Trying to decide what monologue to perform? Discuss all your audition and performance related issues here.

adition song for chitty

Postby sparkle_323 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:30 pm

i have an audition next week they said old fashioned musical but there all high and i want to show off my chest anyone help???!
sparkle_323

Re: adition song for chitty

Postby mikitheactor on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:49 am

Can you give us more information? What part are you going for? What is your voice range? Not knowing anything about you, it would be hard to recommend songs!
mikitheactor

Postby Annie on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:44 am

I'm guessing that you are female, considering that a lot of the old musicals have low guy songs. Don't look at the leads solos in the older musicals. I am unfamiliar with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Are the songs in that show high or low? You may want to show off your chest voice, but it wouldn't be prudent if all of the songs are high in that show. Look at Emily Arden's songs from State Fair, Ado Annie in Oklahoma!, Lady Thiang in The King & I and Anne Anderson in Shenandoah. All of Anne's songs are duets, however if you only need a verse and a chorus you can use "Freedom", and "Beautiful Pair" and "Violets and Silver Bells" could easily be solos. I read on another site that this show is very similar to Mary Poppins, so you might want to look at that show as well.

Good Luck!
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby sparkle_323 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:30 pm

Thanks, I am female their looking for the whole cast. I think most songs are high in it so would out of my dreams from oaklohoma be right or I could have danced all night? or even much more from the fantastiks? Im just getting worried cause havnt much time to learn anything new . :lol:
sparkle_323

Postby Annie on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:01 am

Again becasue I don't know the show I can only guess. If you are trying for Jemimma, she's young right? In that case Much More from The Fantasticks would probably be the best. Though you might just want to sing the one which suits your voice the best, or that you can act the best.

Good Luck :)
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby Bbrun720 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:11 pm

What type of theater are you auditioning for Chitty for? Like college or community theater? I have a friend who is a director who keeps looking for the show but can't find the rights to it! PS. I agree with the song from the Fantasticks and I have seen chitty before.
Bbrun720

Postby Chris Black on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:49 am

Great Forum!! I'm Cesar and I'm new here, just browsing for some good stuff and informative posts..
Chris Black

Postby dos88casas on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:21 am

Jimmy Casas Here!!!
Nice to meet you all guys... have fun & be safe...
dos88casas

Postby denny58stout on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:22 am

Fantastic!! I'm Denny Stout ..I'm new here and I Just want to share this quote as my first post here...

"The less you can live on, the more chance your idea will succeed. This is true even after you’ve 'made it.'.

Make it a Great day people...
denny58stout

Postby kkretro143 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 am

I agree with Much More from The Fantasticks. This is a great song.
It will surely work on your side if you can do it properly. =)
And goodluck. Hope you'll make it. ;) ;)
kkretro143

Return to Audition & Performing Q & A