StageAgent.com Home |

What's the best choice?

Discuss all your favorite musicals.

Re: What's the best choice?

Postby Godzilla on Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Beauty and the Beast-you've got all the parts or on the other end of the spectrum- West Side Story

I wish I had your choices. I'm in the same boat and would appreciate any suggestions as well; here is the info: but have 15 strong girls who can all act, sing and dance ; but my men are scarce...have about 8 total- i who can dance & act and belts-but has trouble matching pitch, i baritone who's working on his tenor, dance and acts-very leading man type, i bari with a lovely tamber but hard to understand, 1 who is a comic and can hold his own as supporting in all areas, and 1 who can act. They can all dance after last year, A Chorus Line. I want to not repeat what has been recently done which are: Damn Yankees, How to Succeed, Music Man, Fiddler, Guys and Dolls, Anything Goes, Birdie, Grease, Beauty & Beast, Annie. West Side Story is Next Year. Considering Into the Woods-but worried about the guys singing Sondheim. Also thinking abot Anything Goes as none of the kids involved were in high school when we did that. How about Clue-anyone done that?
Godzilla

Postby black2family on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:12 am

You have probably already had to decide by now, but how about Jekyll and Hyde? Strong theme, strong rolls, and enough of a chorus to add or subtract the number of assemble.
black2family

Postby Rachster on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 am

You prolly already have the show picked out but since you have a talented group, you want to stay clear from any shows that high schools normally do. You want to be different. I would go with Pirates, ragtime, or Parade. That show is so powerful. It's sad but has great music. good luck with your show.
Rachster

Postby flatt1942 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:52 pm

if you haven't already chosen your show, you might consider godspell. I had similar students who graduated last year, and this was the best choice, as it did not significantly single out any one of them more than the other (with the exception of Jesus). it was definitely rewarding. I'm not religious whatsoever, so if you have hang ups about that kind of thing, treat it like a story and don't preach. good luck!
flatt1942

Postby abeli on Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:53 pm

Have you read Good News?
abeli

Postby Marke on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:33 am

Hi,
I have a question: Have you got a CD of the Fame musical? I can't find it anywhere. Could you help me, please? Thanks Markéta
Marke

Previous

Return to Musicals