StageAgent.com Home |

Annie Get Your Gun Audition

Need help with a big audition? Deciding whether or not to get an agent? Post your advice questions here.

Annie Get Your Gun Audition

Postby ollie47 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi!
My school musical this year is Annie Get Your Gun. I need a good audition song for either Annie or Winnie...I'm a high soprano and I can belt very high as well. I'd like to get a country-ish song; something that really fits with the musical style of Annie Get Your Gun, but I cant think of anything! All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :-)
-Olivia
ollie47

Re: Annie Get Your Gun Audition

Postby Annie on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:24 pm

I can't remember how high it goes but you could try Jenny's song "Over the Hill" from Shenandoah. Anne's songs are great for belting, but I don't remember having to go too much higher than the C above middle C, maybe a high E at the most. Besides, all of her songs are duets anyway. Break a leg at your auditions!
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby ollie47 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Thanks, we actually did Shenandoah last year, so I know exactly what your talking about! I was thinking about that song, but I wasnt sure it'd be a good idea since that was our last musical. Any other ideas?
ollie47

Postby Bbrun720 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:15 pm

I actually was just in annie get your gun... there is a song called "Oklahoma" from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels that might be good! It is meant to be song with a country accent and it is a high belt song! It is a very funny song so it might show off your acting capability for the part of annie!
Bbrun720

Postby Annie on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:22 pm

Well, other than Shenandoah the only other country-western influenced shows that I've seen are Oklahoma! and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I have a book that also lists the following shows under this genre (if there was an audition song listed I'll put it down):

Always...Patsy Cline
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Big River
"You Ought to Be Here with Me"
Calamity Jane
Down River
Li'l Abner
Louisiana Purchase
Paint Your Wagon
"How Can I Wait" and "What's Goin' On Here"
Parade
The Robber Bridegroom
Unsinkable Molly Brown
Urban Cowboy
Oklahoma!
"I Cain't Say No"

I'm thinking that the show Civil War is also in this same genre and just didn't make this list. You might want to give "Missing You, My Bill" a listen. I think that's gonna be the easiest song to find from that show.
~Annie

Currently~ Miss Myrna Thorn in Ruthless! the Musical
Recently~ Emma Carew (Jekyll & Hyde), Sister Mary Leo (Nunsense), Demeter (Cats), Tzeitel (Fiddler on the Roof)
Annie

Postby ollie47 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm

Wow! Thanks so much. This will help a lot! Auditions aren't for a while, but I'll try to keep everyone updated, if theyd like. :-)
Thanks again.
ollie47

Postby lloyd on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:21 am

Good song for you to sing. to show your range, May I suggest "As Long as he Needs me", sung by Nancy in "Oliver"
lloyd

Postby thespianequestrian on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:17 pm

I used "Oklahoma?" from DRS for an audition and the director loved it... that was for Oklahoma (I was AUnt Eller) so that's a good one!

Perhaps "I Cain't Say No" from Oklahoma? It's fresh on the brain, but you can use the accent and do a lot of character acting on it.

Best of luck! AGYG is a great show!
thespianequestrian

Return to Advice